I apologize for yet again being neglectful. I uploaded all of these pictures last week and just haven't gotten around to actually finishing the post (today is actually Sept 2nd). My parents left with my oldest brother, Dustin, on Thursday last week to drop him off at school. He's going to BYU and his first day of classes were today. I'm excited to see how they went! I was thinking that it stinks I couldn't go out there with him (I was there when my sister first came out) b/c then I could give him more of a run down of how the whole college thing works (I think this stems from being the oldest). But he was in good hands with Brittany, who I'm sure will show him the ropes. My parents both went to BYU, but man, a heck of a lot has changed since they were there. It's kinda hard to put your kid's mind at ease when they aren't too sure how things work out there anymore (which is what happened to me). Oh wait, my dad still thinks everything is the same and so his 'tour' of campus and how things work now is probably dead on!!! hahaha!
Anyway, my parent's helped him move in... and decorate! Joe was rolling his eyes hearing about how the girls all decorate their rooms (in our defense, the dorms look like total jail cells and desperately need help to not feel so gloomy). Apparently, college guys do things a little differently than their female counterparts. And thank goodness for that, right?! Where would we be without flowers, colors, and throw pillows?? Dustin wasn't interested in having 'decorations,' much to my mom's chagrin, and Joe said that he will not be the laughing stock of the hall due to that choice. Either way, my once annoying little brother has grown up and is now gone. I will definitely miss having him around now that me and my family are living so close to home again. Hopefully he'll adjust to life in Utah and start having some fun. That first year of school goes by so fast!!
So now onto some super sweet awesome pictures. Okay, fine they are just okay and they are somewhat old now. The Ohio State Fair rolled in and out of town faster than I thought it would (it ran through the first week of August), but luckily we made it there in time!
Alright, let the fun begin! This is when we first walked in.
HAHA!! What a little goof head. I love him :)
I was trying to get a picture of just me, but this booger head was trying to shove his head in the opening too. We were both cracking up about it though!
Yes.
Joe said his head didn't fit through the hole. I really am still confused as to why he thought that...
So we bought some of these lame-o little pellets so Boston could feed the animals. Apparently, they hate these pellets and wanted nothing to do with them. Also, Boston almost had a stress attack when they started to come near him. Maybe he thought they would eat his hand?
Don't be fooled. The animals really didn't want any of these pellets. They thought Joe had carrots (available for purchase but we are too cheap for that. The pellets were 25 cents).
I had to push his little hand in there to prove to him that they were soft (and wouldn't bite him). Once he did it though, he seemed quite happy with himself!
These should make grandpa H very happy -- he likes sheep!!
Boston was amazed that someone wanted to feed these animals.
Okay! Boston and Joe getting ready to go down Boston's first fair ride!!!
Waving at the top.
There they go!
Whoa!! How fun!
A little upset that he can't ride it again. Hey, I'm upset they won't let a pregnant lady ride on it too, but I'm not crying!
Then I got to take him on his first carousel ride. It was nicer than the slide simply because it lasted a lot longer. What a nice golden mane this horse has.
Yes, I know his eyes are shut. Joe took a million pictures and the ones that weren't blurry made it onto the blog.
Wait a second... what happened to the golden mane?
Boston wanted to switch horses. I guess he was drawn to the red hair. Maybe it reminded him of someone...
Although it may look like I'm smiling at that guy in the hat, I really was just laughing at Boston saying "neigh, neigh" over and over again. He was loving this ride!
He wanted me to ride a horse too -- but I couldn't let go of him. Arm stretch, giant belly, and a horse moving up and down... a little uncomfortable.
Crying that the ride is over. Yes, I am smiling even though it is right in my ear.
"This is not a horse!"
Giving him some water made him stop.
YES!!!!!
Really, this is too gross. And are we serious about the deep fried PB&J???? That has to be somewhere over 2000 calories. I did want to try a deep fried Oreo, but thought that I would actually start barfing. Throwing up in a public restroom (especially the one's at the fair) was so unappealing, I almost threw up just thinking about it!
So we got an elephant ear. As you can see, Boston wanted nothing to do with it which was totally fine with me and Joe.
On our little program we saw that there was a horse show of some kind and so we hopped on in.
Hmmm... not too exciting. We realized that we had gotten there right at the tail end. So we left and walked back outside and saw an actual Clydesdale hooked up to this weird lady's carriage. I obviously forgot to upload those pictures so I'll go back and add them some other time. On the Budweiser commercials this type of horse doesn't look that big, but they are MASSIVE. Although we had missed the show (which was probably lame judging by the end), we did get to see all the horses and their carriages exit. All of their bells and braided manes/tails were so cool to see and Boston sure thought they were neat.
Looking at all of the turkeys. I hadn't taught him that animal yet, so he was pretty amused.
This was taken right before they all started gobbling at once. Oh dear, I wish I had this on film. Boston started screaming like a little girl and everyone was staring at us, except for the teenagers right by us who thought it was pretty funny. Joe and I were cracking up too. He really was screaming bloody murder -- gobble gobble!!
Aside from the slide and carousel, this entertained him the most. Wow.
"Boston, it's time to go."
Oh no you didn't just give me that look boy. What are we going to do with all this attitude??
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Ohio State Fair
Posted by
ashley marie
at
4:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Ashley . . .Me and Will were laughing so hard when I read the post about Boston and the turkeys! Thats awesome! What a cute kid!!
oh my gosh i'm still in tears about joe saying his head wouldn't fit in the stockade. hahahahahah oh man. i can't stop laughing! oh man....
also. the three of you look great! really. a very attractive bunch you are. a haircut boston got? (hehe) he looks like a 3 year old now.
I love the maternity shirt you have on in those pictures. And amen to Chelsey and Rachel - I was laughing out loud. I should find out what I'm having tomorrow, so I'll be in touch!
Post a Comment