The biggest problem with not posting for a while is that once you start back up again no one is reading your blog. No matter. I'm trying to convince myself I'm blogging for memory sake and not for comments :)
Anyway, today was a pretty fun day. Boston and I didn't do anything special and Joe actually came home from work after 8:30, which was a total bummer. I guess it was just fun because Bos was actually in a good mood for the majority of the day -- not too much screaming, hitting, crying,he actually took a nap etc etc. PS - If you're not too interested in my life, read no further b/c these details may bore you.
I needed to run errands yesterday and so I packed us all up and walked outside with Boston to the car. I told him to get into his seat (no he cannot do that by himself yet. I was hoping he'd stand by the right door, although he doesn't do that either. I guess I just had high hopes for the afternoon). I had to drop a letter in the mailbox so I walked over there without him. Going without him was a bad idea because he LOVES to get the mail and asks to do it several times throughout the day. He ran towards me and tripped over his own foot and face planted right into the cement sidewalk. Yikes. Although it didn't look bad, it sounded bad and he of course started screaming. So scratch the errands... went inside, cleaned him off, and watched lame-o Diego's Moonlight Rescue with him. He has a golf ball sized welt on his forehead with blood spots/scabs all around it and his knee is all cut up. Poor guy. Although I hate to see him get hurt, it's the only time he'll let me hold him for an extended period of time. So what if it means I have to watch Diego piece the moon back together, AGAIN. I'll take it :)
Anyway, so today I had those same errands to run. We went to the grocery store (does anyone else's kid like the car shopping carts, but only for like 5 minutes?) and I had a free movie rental at one of the kiosks so I rented Bee Movie (everything I wanted to see was gone). The lady at the checkout felt bad for him, I think because I has a giant tumor-like bruise on his forehead, and gave him three Kroger stickers. He loved holding his 'bee' and pointing at the sun on his sticker. We then went to a craft store and he did amazing seeing as though we were in there for 45 minutes. I don't know what had gotten into him. Then off to Lowe's to get some more paint -- horrible shopping trip b/c it took over a 1/2 hour to get paint mixed. Come on people! We get home, eat lunch and watch about 20 minutes of the Bee Movie (which was surprisingly pretty funny, but I was the only one laughing).
He woke up from his nap requesting 'bee' and 'bug,' but 10 minutes was all he'd sit still for. So we ate and went outside for a walk and trip to the neighborhood park. He actually sat in his stroller without begging to be held the entire walk -- also very unlike him. Before we left the park to go on the longer portion of our walk, he pointed at the woods and said, "Bunny hide. Mom, where bunny? Oh, bunny hide." Our little man likes to chase the bunnies that are taking over the neighborhood until they run into the woods. He was bumming he didn't get to chase any today.
There are a bunch of people in our development with dogs and so during our walk every time a dog would bark he would go, "OH! Dog no! Bark no! Bark no!" He actually was yelling this and other fellow walkers kept looking back at us, what a goof. He also pointed out birds and then showed me how he flies (flapping his arms), pointed out every water sprinkler he saw, and found a ping pong ball that by the end of our walk was in his mouth (pretty grody, I know). When Joe finally got home, he wanted to watch 'bee bug' with dad. Every time Joe and I would laugh, he would look at us and say, "That funny?" When we would say yes he let out the fakest laugh you've ever heard. What a crazy little boy. I didn't know he had picked up on the word 'funny' yet. I guess it's from us asking him if "that's funny?" when he laughs at something. So overall, nothing exciting or out of the ordinary going on in our house today, but life is so much more enjoyable when Boston is in a good mood!
Finally, on another note. Boston also started saying "nuhh uhh" this week instead of just "no." He thinks it is funny to say it too, so he always is saying it with a smile on his face. What a cute little boy. I need to get my video camera out and try and get some of these wacky moments with him before his grows up!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
slacking
Posted by
ashley marie
at
11:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
just imagining boston saying "that funny?" and fake laughing is making me laugh. oh man. what a cute little dude.
oh and i'll try to comment more;)
I love reading about your days with Boston because they are so similar to mine with Bentley! So I am very entertained reading your posts! :O) I love your vacation pictures! It reminds me of when Dallin and I came out! We saw almost all of those things too! So FUN!! :O)
Post a Comment