Holy cow! Every time I get on my blog I swear the day counter (till this child arrives) has gone down. Obviously, this is a good thing -- but I was on my blog today and here I am back on and I SWEAR it has gone down 3 days. This is has caused me to question whether or not this counter is accurate. Call me crazy, or just call me pregnant. I have lost my mind...
I've had a couple different people ask me if we have decided on a name for this little girl. the answer is a big fat NO!! Joe has been beyond ridiculous (yes, Joe, you are out of control). I have thrown every reasonable name at him only to have him say no. My favorite thing to hear him say is that I still have a while to go until we need to decide on the actual name. As if I needed a reminder that my due date is no where near where I want it to be. I still love you though :)
Joe has been telling everyone that there are 3 options:
*Kate (just Kate, that's right)
*Emily
*Finley
I don't think we'll use Emily because it's not feeling right (is it weird to say that about a name for your child?). We keep going back and forth on this one -- Joe said that he can't promise he won't call her Katie. I told him that once she hits 8, she is going by Kate and Katie is no longer allowed. Now, no offense to anyone named Katie. I just don't think Katie sounds as good with our last name as Kate does, to simply put it. I love Finley, but I don't know if it's 'the one.' Another name I go back and forth on. I really wanted a name that was totally girl. Does that make sense? For example, no one hears the name Rachel and thinks that it could possibly be a boy. But Joe vetoed all of the names I suggested. Boo.
So if any of you still have any name suggestions out there, I am TOTALLY willing to listen! Joe liked the name Sienna that someone had suggested, but there is a minivan (Toyota?) called the Sienna and I can't handle that. But I do read my comments and I'll think about all the names suggested. Most likely, I'll like your suggestion and Joe won't (don't let that thought scare you off from offering a suggestion!). That's just how the world is turning right now. We might not name this girl for days after she's born -- a thought that seriously disturbs me. In the meantime, I will be flipping through yet another baby name book. These name books are getting REALLY old...
Sunday, August 10, 2008
names
Posted by
ashley marie
at
11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
Okay, I already commented about this, but I am saying ditto again to this whole post. This was exactly how Jeff and I were... but Tave did get named and we both LOVE his name! So you will find the 'perfect' fit!!!
Okay, here is a site I love:
www.nymbler.com
You type in names that you like and it will come up with lists of other names you might like as well. I would go through this for HOURS...I always found lots of cute ones.
and I will be back with the other site I liked...
I'm back...I love the name game (except when I'm prego) and so you got me on a roll. Here are some names I think are cute:
Ember
Emerson
Emery
Devlyn
Daphne
Sayler
Willow (I like, Jeff said no)
Rowan (this could be boy/girl though and I know you didn't want that..but I LOVE it)
OKay here is the other site: go to Parentsconnect.com
then go to babynames, then to message boards...or type in unique baby names. People post there and ask for feedback on name ideas, etc. I like reading what people are thinking of naming their kids and have gotten some cute ideas from there...one girl had the craz9iest list: pirate, magenta, warning, lucky, etc. yeah, feel for her kids.
Hope this helps...let me know! I won't feel bad if you hate any of my suggestions. hehe
good luck!
Yup, it's me. Back again. YOu're going to hate that you ever put this on your blog. haha.
Trevi (just read this one today! so cute,)
which reminded me of:
Devvy
You are my new blogging best friend because you actually leave comments. lol. I LOVE comments. And giving them, obviously. ha.
First of all, I cracked up at the comment you left. Exactly me and Jeff..exactly.
And second, you inspired me to post about Tave's name because a lot of people have asked the same thing.
Say Dave, but replace the D with a T. There you go. :) Did you have it right??!
I'm curious which names you're running by Joe. Good luck!
Dallin was the same way with names! so annoying! Who knew they would care so much??.. I really like Kate too..I will think of some others..but I am not so good at the name game. GoOd LuCk!!
P.s..Bentley does run through the house like a savage when I am still sleeping! He is just in the toddler version of his crib so he is free to get in and out. He really had done pretty well with it, but there has been a couple times when I will find Nesquick powder dumped all over my floor or lotion squirted everywhere..What do ya do?? He is a pro at opening doors too so I can't shut him in his room.. ToDdLeRs?!..
You are hilarious. my vote is for Warning. ha.
new names are fun, but classic names are classic for a reason-
Sadie
Madeline
Gwenyth/Gwenivere
Or I know a family with a two girls named
Tay (just Tay) and
Payte
Why are you knocking Katie:)
Here are some I like:
Talia
Dana
Taya
Olivia
Heidi
Myah
Mia
Anna
Jane
Here are some interesting one:
Ellary
Gabraylie
Zoey
Kailey
McKay
Kimball
Hi Ash! Ok so here are my few suggestions, but do know that Tanner and I like unusual names...
Perri
Emory..I like or better than er
Matix
Paytin (not sure on that spelling)
Olivia and call her Livy
Capri (I actually don't love it but
but my family does)
and now I can't think of anymore.
i vote kate.
i really like kate... not katie. we were going to do Emersyn and call her Emma, but it didn't feel right either so i know what you mean! i also like "lynn" names like braelynn, etc. good luck! it's super stressful! you can also go to babynamesworld.com that's what i tried! :)
Hey FACE! I love that you found me. You're an allstar blogger. So, uh I like all the names. I've never heard Finley - but I think it's awesome and I'm with you on the Kate not Katie. Good Luck and congrats on number 2!
Post a Comment