I posted 2 new posts yesterday. I was trying to fall asleep last night and all I could think about were new things to post about. My life really is that lame sometimes. Needless to say, I must post some of those things or else I won't be able to sleep again tonight.
I had a dr appt yesterday and I have decided I really like my dr. I had been going back and forth between these 2 dr's in the same practice. One of them did my D&C back in Dec. and the other one looks like Lance Armstrong. Both are great, but I only need one so Lance it is (really the other dr is just always running late b/c he specializes in high-risk pregnancies... blah blah I know you don't care). Below is one of the conversations I had with Dr. Armstrong:
me: "You know, you look just like Lance Armstrong. Do you get that a lot?"
dr: "Yeah, I've heard that a couple times."
me: "Oh look, you even have a LiveStrong bracelet. That's kind of funny that you look like him and wear his brand."
Smiling (probably just trying to be polite b/c my comments are retarded) "Well, I actually got to met him last time he was out here in Ohio."
"Really? That's really cool! (b/c seeing a real celebrity is cool for some reason) Did he by chance see you?"
"Yeah."
"Did he say anything? Like, 'Wow, you look just like me?'"
"Haha, no. But he did do a double take."
"Yeah, I beat he did. He probably thought you were some crazy, die-hard fan."
"Probably, haha."
"Really, you do look just like him." (I said this again... I don't know why. I guess in case he forgot). "Well, maybe more like his brother."
END CONVO
I asked him yesterday if he met Lance again since he was just out here last weekend and he just smiled. I think he thinks I'm crazy, but he's an OBGYN, so he deals with a whole mess of crazy every day. I can't be the craziest.
Anyway, he told me that come Sept. 19th if I've started to dilate he'd be willing to induce me (my due date's the 26th). I told my mom that I'd been thinking about not being induced so that I would know what it feels like to go into labor naturally. She said, "I had 4 out of my 5 kids naturally and I don't have any trophies on my mantle. You know what a contraction feels like; don't be crazy." There's that word again... She's right, I'm becoming more crazy the more pregnant I get. I know that once Sept. rolls around I'll be counting down the days to the 19th. Obviously, I will update you on this once the time comes.
Story two. I went to the library after my dr's appt and talked to a lady in the kids section about locating a book. Here is our convo:
"I'm looking for some potty training books. Can you tell me where to find them?"
lady: "For you or for a child?"
"Um... well since I'm already potty trained, I want some for my son."
No smile.
Basically the end of that conversation.
Apparently, she meant books for parents on how-to potty train. At least the girl standing behind her thought our conversation was funny b/c surely this lady was not having it. Really though, I think she worded her question in a very bizarre way. I smiled when I answered her retarded question because I thought, "Seriously? Do I look like I need a book on how to train myself??" Once she pointed me in the right direction I got to thinking -- do they write books on how to potty train yourself if you are an adult? I contemplated asking that lady but figured it wasn't a good idea. Maybe I should search their website for a book called "Potty Training: A Refresher Course."
That's all I'm writing tonight. It's already 1:30 in the morning. Unfortunately, this child is out of control. So.........................
Dear nameless female child of mine,
The athletes have already left for Beijing because the Olympics start next week. I'm sorry that you somehow missed that memo. Seeing as though you will not be competing in this year's games, kindly refrain from practicing that round-off back handspring you've been working on.
love,
your broken ribbed mother
There. That oughta do the trick. Goodnight everyone!
Friday, August 1, 2008
news
Posted by
ashley marie
at
11:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
What a good sense of humor you have. Librarians seem not to have a sense of humor.
I was sure laughing!
Hang in there for the last month and a half of your pregnancy!
HAHA! Wow, that gave me a GOOD LAUGH :O) That's exactly what I would have said! She did not make herself clear did she?? Anyways, good luck with the potty training!
Ashley! This is your cousin Emily. Your mom gave me your blog when I saw her last month at Nathan's wedding! I love looking at these pictures of your adorable family! Hope all is well with you two.
Oh my gosh, that cracks me up. I have the same kind of relationship with my doctor. Although, Lance Armstrong...not too shabby.
Thanks for the good laugh...
...I'm considering asking our librarians the same question- just to see if they're as awesome...
You are hilarious. Thanks for a great laugh. :) And I agreed with you at the library..I totally thought what you said..before I read your response. haha.
And that video cracked me up. SO funny!
i love reading your blog! your so funny!
Post a Comment