I have decided that Boston is only interested in items that cost $100 or more. He also finds a way to break all of these expensive items. I went downstairs to grab all of the laundry and then I brought it right back up to fold it all. I came upstairs to find Boston sitting by my laptop. Dun dun dun... the touch pad for my mouse no longer is working. I dig through all the items in the basement to try and find the mouse that we have; found it, plugged it in, doesn't work. Awesome. Search around for the old wireless mouse and thankfully that worked. I'm thinking, while I'm up I might as well finish these picture posts that I had started. I begin to type 'alright' and 'a3l6gh5' is what I type. You have to be joking. To make a long story short, the only way for me to get everything working again was to do exactly what I thought Boston did to my computer -- I just randomly smacked keys. MIRACLE!!! Problem solved. I wonder if this is what the Geek Squad does once you leave your computer with them... So now I'm just praying that the DVD player isn't the next thing to break. I can't handle all of these computer/camera/electronic malfunctions.
I spent my day painting the baby's room. Still a work in progress, but I got all of the bedding that I won on eBay today and so now I'm more determined to get the room finished. I will post a picture once I finish everything so get excited!!
I realize that breaking this vacation up into days is taking too long, so this is the rest of the vacation all in one post. On to all of my comments :)
We found a kayak in the garage of the beach house and Joe and I used it twice during the week. The first time I tried it was a pretty awful experience for both me and Joe. I had on a tankini and every time I tried to jump into the kayak my bottoms would fall down. Joe was getting so frustrated that I couldn't get into the boat and I felt bad so I was like, okay I'm just going to jump as hard and fast as I can. Well, I got in, but my bottoms were almost to my knees. How pleasant. Then on one of the first waves we tried to catch we barrel rolled and the kayak smacked me in the side of the face. This kayak, with no water in it, is about 50 lbs, but when it hit me it had water in it and was moving pretty dang fast. I thought that my cheek bone had been shattered, no lie. I told Joe, "I'm out." Wow... finally in the kayak and then I get knocked out. These pictures below are from when we went out for the second time (feel free to give me tons of credit for being brave enough to go again!) and I was smart enough to wear a one piece suit:
First try!
Wow, awesome ride.
At least I'm laughing about it, right?
Wave number 2!
Looking good!!
Too good to be true. I am loving my leg flying up in the air.
Okay, third times a charm.
Sweetness...
Oh great. Good thing I get into the kayak very easily when I'm not wearing saggy bottoms, seeing as though we keep falling out.
Tyler (bro) and Michael (cousin) body surfing during our kayaking adventure. If you click on the picture it should zoom in. Their faces are priceless!
"Look out!!"
Yes...
YES!!! We were so excited!!!! FINALLY!!
Look at us go! We turned right back around and paddled back out to catch another. Suddenly, we are amazing!
Michael and my dad body surfing with me and Joe in the background. My dad actually ended up diving right into the sand and cut up his face! Pretty dang funny!!
Overcome by the wave.
We caught another one! Seriously, we are so good! Joe then went out with Michael and Joe had to sit in the front. He was saying that he didn't know how Brittany and I were doing it. Finally, some recognition for all of our efforts!!
Another volleyball game that I actually ended up playing after the first game. Let's just say I was pretty rusty and I'd like to blame my baby for throwing off my balance!
Family pictures. Some of us were more dressed up than others...
Our little family picture! Boston was being so good and folding his arms!
Look at our little man's cute face!
He thinks it's so funny when he laughs like this -- probably because we all laugh at him!
Oh Boston!
How beautiful :)
Bos and Britt.
Bos posing how Michael always does, "Number 1 baby!"
Goof face and Tyler.
Mom and dad!
This, unfortunately, was the best picture of both of us -- face and hair wise. Too bad my chest is taking over the picture.... the wind just caught my shirt at the wrong time!!!
Britt, Michael, and me (and my out of control hair).
Oh, my hair now has a life of it's own!!
Another photoshop experiment.
If any of you wanted a belly shot, here ya go. I'm certainly not posting this picture b/c my hair is under control...
I think I have the most handsome husband in the world. See for yourself:
A little itsy bitsy spider for you.
Cute little Uncle Sam wannabe.
And this is where we spent Boston's 2nd birthday -- a McDonald's playplace. What lame-o parents. Too bad the guy turned 2 on the trip back home :(
Look at how fun that looks! Matt, stop looking so excited!
Actually, the reason we stopped was b/c Boston was having a meltdown in the car and NEEDED to get out of his car seat. It was for our sanity too, I won't lie. He is loving this slide. Matt, on the other hand, looks like he is having a hard time.
What a goober head.
Joe vs Dustin. Dustin looks a little queer...
My dad was the only one who actually could challenge Joe, but at least my brother's had fun trying to beat Joe!
Okay this was the actual celebration for Boston (although it was Matt's actual birthday). Grandpa showing Boston how old he is. I think it's so cute that you can tell they are both saying, "Two!" Notice the scratches on my dad's face? Yes, that is from diving into the sand!!
Boston can hardly contain his excitement. At least Matt is excited!
YUM!!
Still not excited. Man, tough customer!!
And finally this is a picture of my black eye. Surprisingly, it wasn't too bad (although it STILL hurts if I touch where I was hit). This was taken almost a week after the kayak knocked the crap out of me. You'll have to excuse the lack of makeup. I thought I'd show you all of my freckles and pores.
So that concludes Nags Head 2008. WHEW!! That took a long time to get all of these pictures posted. Going back through all of them made me really miss the beach... I really wish we were still out there. Boston had such an amazing time and it was so nice to relax in the sand with Joe and my family. All of my family agreed that this was our favorite year at the beach (or at least one of the top). We can't wait to do it again!!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Nags Head - rest of the days
Posted by
ashley marie
at
12:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
i can't believe you braved kayaking while prego. wow. i'm truly impressed. your hair is so nice too! good job on that. you will have two kids in a month or so. that is crazy. YOU are crazy. just kidding. even though you keep saying you are crazy from pregnancy i don't think you are. i'm a good friend like that.
Love all the pics!!! Especially your cute cute family pic and your prego belly. Youare a very cute prego person!!! Sorry to hear about the black eye...ditto the above comment about being brave!!!
Do you guys have names narrowed down yet??!!! good luck!
love ya
Post a Comment