Note to all you readers out there (however few there may be):
*If you are pregnant and are lucky enough to get a sinus infection, do not fool yourself into thinking that taking extra strength nasal decongestant will allow you to regain function of your nose.
*Use nasal spray at your own risk due to the chance of becoming addicted (highly probable).
*Once addicted, you spray too frequently and you will then have a sore, irritated throat.
*However, if you don't use it frequently enough, you will have a sore, irritated throat from continually breathing through your mouth.
Needless to say, this has all happened to me this week. All of the previously pregnant women will find themselves nodding their head remembering that third trimester is notorious for causing your nose to get all stuffed up. This sinus infection worsened my symptoms by about 300% (if you can imagine). I finally weaned myself off of the spray and have relied solely on the decongestant tabs. I'm not getting enough sleep because I can't stay asleep. Either I wake up from my throat being so dry (I HATE sleeping with my mouth open) or I wake up thinking I'm going to wet my pants due to the sip of water I drank after dinner. Oh, I forgot to mention that this little girl throws a dance party for one around 4 every morning. That wakes me up too. I keep telling her that I ain't joining no dance party at 4am, but that hasn't stopped her. I guess she's cool with just partying alone. There must not be anything else to do...
Overall, it's been quite the week. I have tried to potty train Boston to no avail. He just likes hanging out in a wet diaper, I guess. I decided, for my sanity, that I'm holding off on this milestone until it starts snowing. It's too hard to be consistent when there's fun to be had outside. Plus, I'm sick of trying (that's the main reason). Everything I've read says to not get mad if they have accidents, but after 5 accidents in a row.......... I don't have the patience. I tried having a 'naked day' and also have him clean up after himself if he has an accident. Both are craptastic ideas. Maybe my son is just some random exception to tried and true potty training methods. He peed all over the floor and enjoyed wiping it up so much that he started using different body parts to move the paper towel around the floor (like his foot). He refused to let me help him carry his poop from the stairs to the toilet (this wasn't a bare handed task, FYI). After four pee puddles and two, "Mom, yucky" statements (both on the stairs), I had had enough and put a diaper back on him. No amount of candy, stickers, Diego 'big boy' underwear, picking out his own potty, letting him use the 'big potty', or praise will convince this child that going in a toilet is a good idea. I'm hoping that by kindergarten he will have mastered this; that would cause some serious negative attention.
Until next time folks, I'll be sleeping here on the couch, praying that the two holes in the middle of my face start making themselves useful again.
Friday, August 8, 2008
unusable nose and other woes
Posted by
ashley marie
at
11:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hi Ashley! I told you that I would leave a comment...I'm sorry that you can't breathe and I had the same problem at 4am with Chase, the saddest thing is, I STILL wake up at 4am out of habit and he is 11months old! Let it be known that it has taken me almost 2 years to get jack potty trained and he is STILL pooping in his pants at least once a week. Elise was potty trained in a day, once I waited for her to be ready. Thats the biggest thing..waiting till he's ready! She has just turned 3 and was done. Just remember when you are picking up poop off the stairs that I may be doing the same thing with my almost 5 year old...maybe it will make you feel better!
I am laughing so hard right now! I am sorry about your nasal problem but you make it sound so funny. And Boston's potty training stories sound awful but again your descriptive way of writing makes me laugh out loud!! I am just trying to transition Oscar to a sippy and I get frustrated. I CAN'T WAIT for potty training time!DEATH!! Oh and that little missy having the dance parties alone... you kill me! Hopefully you can get some sleep. What are you naming her, maybe you already said, but I forgot. Oh and yes, we bought our house.
HI!!! So sorry about your nose...such a bummer. You are hilarious, though. I can't help but laugh when I read your posts. :) Good luck with potty training. I am waiting until Weston is more than good n ready. He will tell us when he's pooping, but I am waiting for him to ask for the toilet. ha just kidding. I'll do it sometime this year. I just have NO desire to clean poop off the stairs at the moment, so it is pure laziness on my part. Again...good luck!
Okay, Names...I haven't read anyone else's suggestions...but I do really really like Kate. That is so cute. (I am NOT a Katie fan...agree with you on that) And Finley is super super cute. I Love it!! Your name problemos sound just like mine and Jeff's. Exactly. Oh these husbands. ;)
We don't agree on many girls names...but here are a few I like:
Jadrie
Wynn
ummm...I can't think at the moment. BUT I found a few really cool sites while searching (and searching and searching for Tave's name, which, I didn't find on any site....but I found LOTS of cute names that I liked, we just didn't BOTH like them.) Okay, I'm rambling. I'll come back after I find the sites again...
Post a Comment