I rarely ever do this -- actually, come to think of it, I've never given Joe a real shout out here on this blog.
Today is our 4 year anniversary. I really can't believe it. I feel like I was still in high school 4 years ago (well, seeing as though I graduated on '03, that feeling makes sense). At the same time, I can't really remember life without Joe in it. Funny how time can feel like just yesterday and forever ago all in the same moment. Regardless of how long, or short, we've been married, I sure am glad that I'm married to this guy.
Our marriage in the past 4 years has been full of ups and downs -- although that shouldn't come as too much of a shock to anyone because Joe is married to me (I like to think that he knew what he was getting himself into though)! But overall, Joe and I have had so much fun together. And did I mention that he is totally my best friend with benefits? Love it!!
I feel so lucky to have had Joe come into my life because he really has helped me become a better person. He's taught me a lot about patience, tolerance for other people, and how to share (although I'll admit these still are some of my biggest weaknesses). And I know that I've taught him a lot too, like how to exaggerate, how to find humor in anything, how to be more dramatic, and how to tell better, more exciting stories. We compliment each other perfectly!
He's such a loving dad and takes great care of his family. I consider myself extremely lucky to have such an amazing husband, who listens to me and takes my advice, who wants what's best for me and our kids, and who loves the Lord.
In short, I love you so much Joey! I'm excited to spend forever with you because I think you're the greatest guy there is!!
Monday, November 24, 2008
shout out
Posted by
ashley marie
at
7:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
We love Joe too! You two have a wonderful family. Congratulations on four years of bliss!
ok..that last comment was from the Welch parents...how come your name shows up? I swear, I don't know how to change the settings on our computer.
I LOVE JOE TOO!
Congrats you two! That was sooo sweet Ashley, I think Joe's got a pretty good wife!
Congrats! You two are great together. I like all the things that you've taught Joe, Ashley. Haha... that's great!
congrats on FOUR years of marriage!! I could totally relate to everything you said! We have VERY similar lifes :O) I wish we didn't live half a country away so we could all hang out!!
p.s. I THINK I have been adjusting o.k..Yesterday and today were the hardest. I was more ALL ON MY OWN than before. Dallin had time off, and then the holiday..so this week has been my true test..It is definitly more time consuming but soo fun!! And Bentley just LOVES him!! So that is a BIG relief!! I can't believe I have kid(s) PLURAL?!?
Post a Comment