Wednesday, November 12, 2008

flip flops in winter

The other day I had Reese and Boston in the shopping cart at Costco. Boston wanted to hold one of those big battery packs (because I was holding one), so I gave it to him. I guess I was reading the packaging for too long because he threw it on the floor. The corner landed on my pinkie toe... I was hunched over in the aisle, doing Lamaze breathing, trying to do everything I could not to scream at Boston. Oh my good heavens, it hurt so incredibly bad. I took this picture about 8 hours later. The coloring of the picture is a little funky because I wanted to show everyone how truly bruised it was after only a few hours. I forgot to take a picture when it really started bruising. Doesn't this make you want to have more kids?



My little stinker kids. I found this Baby Einstein play mat at Goodwill for 2 bucks. Boston likes to lay on it with Reese and show her all the toys.







If hurling battery packs works as birth control, this picture causes baby hunger. Don't you just love when they lay there sleeping? I love when your kids fall asleep in your arms :)



Reese has been smiling for almost a month now. I kept telling Joe that is wasn't a gas smile, it was the real deal. At the pediatrician, he was talking to Reese and she started smiling and he said that some babies can develop a social smile around a month of age. She has been smiling more and more each day and I just love it! She also has started babbling when Joe or I will talk to her. It's so darn cute!

In the other child's news, Boston's new favorite trick is hiding behind or in clothes. Especially behind the clothing racks at stores. I used to hide in clothing racks from my mom and she said it always really freaked her out because I wouldn't answer when she called my name. What a little terd I was. At least when I ask "Where's Boston?" Boston says, "Right here, clothes!"

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Stubbing my toes is the only time I loose control and curse. I just can't help it, and I always feel a little better afterwards.

I can't believe how much hair that girl has! That is incredible.

Unknown said...

okay your toe looks extremely painful. but that picture of boston with reese is priceless. especially his foot propped up on one knee like, 'no big deal, i'm just havin a little convo with baby-reese here...'

and bruno and i agree that reese now looks related to boston... it was hard to tell earlier, but in that picture of her sleeping she looks a lot like him.

Rachel said...

I loooove the pictures of those two together. (Sorry about the toe, though).

Miller Family said...

I am obsessed with Reese's hair, she has so much of it! She is adorable. I am really enjoying Ollie as a baby cause I know the toddler phase can be challenging. Kids are lucky they are so cute.

Linds and Thad said...

Hey Ashley! I'm glad you found my blog! Your kids are adorable, and I LOVE Reese's name. I can't believe how much hair that girl has! Analyn has a ton in the back and on the crown of her head (I know, weird) and was completely bald on top until this week.