Friday, September 5, 2008

thoughts and such

With each passing week of this pregnancy, I get less and less sleep. I will get even less sleep for about the first 3 months of this baby's life. Overall, that's well over a year of sleep deprivation. I think back to the time of my life, when I was under 20, and I could sleep to my heart's content. Then I find that I am envious of my old self; the lack of responsibility allowed for complete sleeping freedom. Right before I get too angry that I didn't take more advantage of this stage in my life (although I don't think it could have been possible to sleep more), I realize that I wouldn't want to go back to that point. Having kids is tiresome, yet I wouldn't trade Boston for a lifetime of sleep. However, it would not be beneath me to hire a babysitter to watch him while I slept in the other room :)

Obviously, I'm having a hard time sleeping. This baby has run out of room and is not too happy about it. Somehow she found a way to bypass my diaphragm and so now her legs have become very well acquainted with my ribs and lungs. Believe me folks, it's possible. Good news is that this lack of space means she's almost here -- hooray!! So while lay in bed trying to catch some much needed zzz's, I think about the most random things. I have been bitten by some strain of a craft bug, so a lot of thought goes into things I would like to make. I am pumped to be 'awake' the next day so that I can start on all of these awesome things... then the day comes and I'm too tired to make dinner and do laundry, let alone make something. It's like when I lay in bed thinking about how I need to lose weight and have myself convinced anorexia is the way to go -- "tomorrow I will eat nothing." I'm 100% positive I will be able to achieve my 'no eating' goal. Then I wake up... "I'm starving, this diet is over." I have many great ideas and night, but by morning I don't have the motivation to go through with them. And so goes my life...

Moving on.

There have been a few recent news stories, if you will, in our life.

1.) I took Joe to the ER last night because he thought he had broken his ankle (he had been playing bball with a bunch of guys from the ward). Fortunately and unfortunately, he didn't. Fortunate because it ended up being a really, really bad sprain. Unfortunate because he's in a lot of pain and it is frustrating to him that he is so immobile from a sprain and there's nothing you can really do for it. At least if it was broken there is some sort of plan of action. So he is in an air cast right now and on crutches :( I consider myself slightly immobile as well, but since I am more mobile than him right now, the brunt of all the moving falls on me. Can you even say that? All the moving is now on my shoulders? Well, in any case, it is. However, the timing is fortunate -- if this had happened after I had the baby, we would really be up a creek without a paddle. Or as the honky tonk Ohioans would say, "You're up a crick without a paddle." What the heck is a crick? Please get that accent in check. Anyway, I wish him a speedy recovery. I need him to dig through the boxes in our basement to see what baby supplies I may have kept. The spiders and I are not on good terms. Wow, that's a whole 'nother post in itself.

2.) I had a doctor appointment yesterday and the exams have begun. Two weeks ago I was dilated a half centimeter. I am now at 2 cm! Although he so lovingly stated that that doesn't necessarily mean the baby is coming anytime soon. Once I told my mom that she said that she was dilated to 4 cm for 2 weeks. The good news was raining! Actually, some good news did come my way. I had been talking to him about being induced and he said about a month ago that if my body was ready he would be willing to induce me a week before my due date (that's at week 39 people). Which would put the birthing date on September 19th. Praise the high heavens that my body is getting ready!! HOORAY FOR MY LIFE!!! haha -- no but seriously hooray :) So this coming Friday he'll call the hospital and set me up to be induced the following Friday (the 19th, are you following?). It'll be great to actually have her on Friday so with the weekend and all Joe doesn't have to start using his vacation -- I mean paternity leave -- right away.

Alright, that's enough for right now. I am actually starting to get tired and so I'm gonna go jump on the snooze train. Hopefully I can get a few hours in before the sudden urge to pee derails my journey into dream land. Chugga chugga choo choo.

1 comment:

K said...

Our email is theandersenfam@gmail.com. I am excited for you that dr's talking about inducing.