I really do not like the name Nevaeh (heaven backwards). Heaven help us all -- why is this name in the top 100 girl names? I'm wondering why all these people like this name and I don't. Does anyone that reads this blog like that name???
I asked Joe about 5 days ago if he liked the name Harper. He gave me a disgusted look as he said no. Tonight I got on the website Nymbler.com and then walked away only to come back and see Joe flipping through the list of girl names. I'm thinking, 'hey, he's finally interested in naming this child.' He asked me if I liked Harper. Wait a second, what? He apparently has never heard the name before...
Then he asked me if I liked the name Rowena. Yes, you read that right, Rowena. I thought he had to be joking -- he swears he's not. He refused to unmark it as a option. Oh for the love! Please, someone help me. I think my husband has lost his mind.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
a joke?
Posted by
ashley marie
at
10:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
As an avid reader of your blog . . . I agree with Ashley! LOL
Oh, and Will says that Joe must have been auditing too much lately!(that's a great reason to be going crazy!!)
But, I really can't wait hear what you name your baby girl! I am sure she will be adorable!!
Ok, just remember that whatever you name her a teacher will call out everyday and if she hates it she will just come up with her own version and want to be called sparkle or something crazy like that. I agree with you in that I also don't like heaven spelt backwards. Good luck with Joe on picking a name.
Are you with our family for Thanksgiving, or are you going to Joe's family? You probably already told me but I don't remember and I'm starting to worry that I won't see Nevaeh or Boston until after my mission!!
My suggestion to you is that, when boston wakes up everyday, you show him a picture of me so that he will always remember me. I miss that goober
HAHAHAHA! seriously joe... don't give your daughter needless baggage! think of all those boys who won't date her because of that name!
Ditto on Neveah...people are so strange. How about Rowen instead of Rowena?? :P
Good luck...we're SO excited to hear about her in the next few weeks...and to find out her name!
It was so nice to get to catch up with you the other day, and I am so thankful that you don't like the name Nevaeh. I cringe everytime I hear it. But the suspense is building...I'll be on the edge of my seat waiting to hear what name baby girl Holloway does get :)
So, I kinda think Heaven spelt backwards is cool, because I am all about nicknames and her nickname could be Nevi..SO CUTE! But I was laughing my head off about the whole Harper thing, husbands are so dense, Dallin did that with some of my suggestions too and I was just like, "HELLO, do you hear a word I say???" There are lots of options and I know you will pick a GREAT name!
Ashley, it's so fun to see that you're so close to #2!! I must say that two really is better than one. Good luck with finding a name!!
k, so about the twilight cast, ya at first I was bugged about Edward, but then I realized that their isn't a man on earth that could play the hottness I imagined in my mind! haha But if you watch some of the movie trailers, he actually is cute and doesn't look scarry like he does in the pics..But Bella..let's face it, she is a little depressing in the book, so I don't know..I am HOPING I like the movies..cause I have been worried about them too..We will see I guess!!
When I first read your entry, I thought it said that you did like the name Naveah and I was a little worried that you had lost it, so I am glad to know that you don't like it. I, personaly, think that it is the ugliest name. Sorry that we couldn't stay long yesterday, I hope you got lots of good stuff! I'm still voting for her name to be Kate :)
Reading this so cracked me up! I am so glad we are having a girl, Jeff and I have already gotten in some HUGE fights over boys names. Good luck to you!!! If you want I have lots I will share!
I am coming up with some more lists of good books....i'll give you tomorrow...it's kinda late. sorry.
love ya
I have heard that name and thought the same thing. I won't say the word hate because someone out there has the name but I really don't like the name Nevaeh. It has always sounded like a facial cleanser or a hair product or some kind of female product that you don't want to speak of.
I can't believe you're having your second kid already. It's so weird how everyone grows up so quick. How old am I?!
Post a Comment