Well these are some older pictures. I wanted to get them up before I completely forget about them. Joe's out of town and so tonight's a perfect night to do this, right?
This was my dad's work party and unfortunately, Joe was unable to make it. He was out of town and they needed him to work on Saturday :( Anyway, flipping back through these made me think that Boston is too cute to be my child. He's a total goof, very bossy, and quite moody. So, maybe he is my son...
Onto all these pictures:
They had pony rides at the picnic. He was so excited when we got closer to the ponies, but when I put him on he started crying. I had to wrap my arm around him and hold his hand. I eventually coaxed him into holding onto the saddle.
A couple of 'trots' later I could let go. Look at his cute little face!
This bouncy thing was a blessing and a curse. He LOVED LOVED LOVED it and would run from one side to the other and then jump and purposely fall. Then he was right back up running and falling again.
Falling...
A curse b/c there was a line to get in (they would only let 4 kids in at a time) and so when they told him his turn was over, he started screaming and refused to come near the opening. Pretty embarrassing... that's not my kid. My brother was about to crawl in there to get him and somehow he caught his foot and pulled him out.
"I don't want to get out!!!"
Matt is trying to laugh off the huge scene Boston was making. Oh boy.
Time to eat!
He has always refused to eat corn on the cob. I'm thinking all the running and jumping forced him to buckle -- I need food! And if any of you are wondering, he hasn't eaten corn on the cob since.
Look at his red face! He really was going crazy in that bouncer thing.
After lunch I took him back to the pony rides. He's a pro now.
Oh, but according to him he wasn't riding a pony. It was a cow.
"Boston, it's a horse with spots."
"No! Cow! Moo!"
Whatever...
The Columbus Zoo was hired to come and bring some animals for people to see and touch. I think I was telling him what animal he was looking at.
Petting the alligator.
The armadillo. That thing was no fun.
The penguin.
We couldn't touch him though. Apparently, he got to 'walk' the red carpet at the March of the Penguins premier.
Some blurry pictures of the useless potty training days. He was excited about his potty for a little bit.
Hmmm... not quite getting the idea.
The novelty had worn off. Now it is just an expensive launch pad.
I bought Boston his first ties a little while back. I guess one got left out b/c he found it and wanted me to put it on his shirt. It was even better that it was his pajama shirt.
I told him to stand still so I could take a picture to show dad. "Oh, thank you for smiling."
Always so serious... he wanted to play in the bathtub with his tie on his pajama shirt and no pants.
Trying to check himself out before we left for church.
He'll say 'cheese' for Joe.
What a little cutie!
"Enough pictures!" You like that little bit of hair curling up on the left? He always rubs his hair after we do it.
Okay that's that! I haven't gone into labor yet. Although, on Friday I was having a lot of contractions and thought that I would need to go to the hospital if they didn't slow down. The thought sent me into a panic attack -- (a few of the) things I stressed about:
- I need to organize all of her clothes and good crap, I don't have any newborn diapers
- I don't have a single infant pacifier
- I need to find the carrier
- My to-do list has one item checked off
- I don't have a hospital bag packed
- I need to take off my mascara and put on waterproof mascara
- My hair isn't clean
- My toenails aren't painted
- I NEED TO SHAVE!
The last 4 thoughts were really stressing me out. Heaven help me, those were my biggest concerns. So I got in the bathtub and the contractions stopped. Phew! I was too tired at this point to shave or wash my hair, so I rubbed off my makeup and went to bed. I still haven't packed a hospital bag -- so much for being prepared. I did have a doctor appointment on Friday and he called and scheduled my induction for 8am on Friday the 19th. The rest of this week will be spent trying to check things off on my to-do list. The last thing that I thought we would need to worry about at this point in my pregnancy is the name for this little girl. We've put together a list of possible names and I guess we'll just have to wait till we meet her. Joe says we should just pick one of the names out of a hat. I told him all the names on our list are not equal; my names have more weight :) Plus, how awful for your child to have to say, "Um, my parent's couldn't decide so they pulled names out of a hat." Wouldn't that just make you feel so loved?!?
Monday, September 8, 2008
company picnic and our silly guy
Posted by
ashley marie
at
10:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Haha...you need to talk to Shane. His name was picked from a hat. He's the youngest of 8 and they had each kid choose a name (that started with S--they all have S names) and put it in a hat. I don't know if I trust that method. I'm surprised he wasn't named snowflake or something.
i love all the pictures! boston is seriously sooo cute! good luck with the name thing... shawn and i have used the ONLY name we agree on, which was only because it was my grandma's name and he couldn't say he didn't like it :) i'm so excited for you to have this little girl! let me know if i can do anything to help you before or after, even just watching boston!
Boston looks so handsome in his church outfit! Oh my goodness, too cute. Good luck with everything!! Can't wait to hear about the big day.
You sound exactly like Jeff and I. Seriously. Good luck. She will get a cute, darling name to match her I am sure! Loving ALL the fun fun pics...remind me to come visit during your dad's next work party!!!
Good luck with the baby..I can't believe your almost down to single digits in your counter!!
Post a Comment