So, two Sunday's ago Joe and I were sitting in Sunday school and unfortunately we were bored. My aunt had given us some pieces of Big Red gum, which is oh so hot. I remembered a trick that we would do freshman year of high school -- lick the wrapper and put it on the back of your hand, or if you were really daring, your forehead. Anyway, so I licked mine and put it on the back of Joe's hand. First, let me note here that Joe kept pulling his hand away from me and kept asking, "What are you going to do?!" (I can tell you another story why he doesn't trust me). "Nothing bad", was the reply, "Now give me your hand." So I slapped it on the back of his hand and held it in place. Once you have licked the wrapper, the little red dust from the gum goes into your skin and leaves a red rectangle (it can actually burn a little). After two minutes, I pulled it off his hand and discovered NOTHING. What in the world? Why didn't it work? I had already clued Joe in on what was supposed to happen, minus the burning, of course. He shrugs his shoulders and I say to him with a straight face, "OOOHHH of COURSE!!! It's coursing through your veins, no wonder... You already ARE Big Red!!!" Joe did not laugh but I nearly wet my pants; I think I laughed for 5 minutes straight. I even had the nostril flare going. He said, "I'm glad you're able to entertain yourself." Yes, me too :)
** Joe just read this and said I'm lame. Please leave a comment letting me know just how loud you laughed when you read this. He doesn't think I'm funny and I need to know that someone else thinks I am.
Monday, April 28, 2008
my funny funny joke
Posted by
ashley marie
at
9:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
hahahah oh man... i think its great. its 4 am, just got home from work and I read this and am laughing out loud. so there joe. gosh I wish I was there. but i must say, that is pretty quick wit to think of that on the spot, ash.
I agree with Rachel. I laughed. Not out loud because I'm at work, but I was laughing inside and thinking, "She would think of that to say." You're funny. All though I don't think Rachel and I are the best to compare to, we all have the same sense of humor.
I am laughing out loud too. I love the story. You always make me laugh.
I laughed..but not out loud because Weston is sleeping. :) So tell Joe. haha
LoVE the house pics! So fun and so cool...well besides the crazy colors. What are some people thinking? Can't wait to see the new and improved pics. :) Congrats and I'm checking back tomorrow....
love ya
hahahah! yes you are funny!!! lol and i really can't hear if i'm going to have a new niece/nephew!!! although...i'd be super extremely pleased with a niece, cuz i can only imagine what a girl would look like if she was as cute as boston...adorable! but yes you better call my mom right when you find out so she can tell me! lata!
haha and on that last comment... i meant to say i can't WAIT TO hear...not that i just cant hear lol
Post a Comment