While I was searching for a new baby ticker thing, I came across this comic which is so dead on :)
Also, this funny article. We all need 'sweatpants friends' :)
Have you seen my fabulous hemorrhoids?
by The Sarcastic Journalist
There is a group of women out there that think they didn’t get morning sickness because they wouldn’t allow themselves to. Like, they think throwing up all day, every day is a state of mind.
“Oh, I just wouldn’t allow myself to throw up,” she says while rubbing her nonexistent belly. “So I didn’t.”
Any pregnant woman that comes across these types of women should turn the other way and run as fast as she can (which might just be lumbering gently away). Why? This woman has the “Miracle of Life Syndrome.”
Every little gas pain and tummy rumble is special. They feel like they’re “glowing” and just love every last bit of pregnancy, right down to the hemorrhoids.
You do not want to be friends with these women. They will brag about “easy” labors. Their babies will sleep through the night by the end of the first week.
Worst of all? She’ll be fitting into her “skinny jeans” by her six week postpartum checkup. Never trust a woman that can fit into her skinny jeans that quickly.
All that nonstop vomiting has a name: Hyperemesis. I have a feeling that hyperemesis is Latin for “Poor woman that vomits everything in sight.”
Since hyperemesis isn’t that well known, most people tend to ask questions such as “have you tried crackers?” or “I hear that ginger works.”
I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to say “Crackers? Really? That’s all it takes? Eating a few stinking crackers? I’ve been vomiting for five months straight and all I needed to do was eat a stinking cracker?”
Find yourself someone with hyperemesis. She won’t ask if you “tried crackers.” She’ll be truthful about labor and will be your friend in sweatpants for that first year after the baby.Never underestimate the value of a friendship where you can go grocery shopping together in your pajamas.



7 comments:
Okay Ashley (Ash) :P,
You crack me up. I LOVE reading your blog because I always know I will laugh. And you haven't failed me yet, so thank you!
This post was AWESOME and I wish we lived closer so we could be sweatpants buddies. That's what I'll be living in ALL summer. UG!
As for the tickers...I really love the babystrology one. I think it's cool to see the baby actually floating around and I promise: one day it will say 169 days and the next it says 50 then only 30 and your running around like a chicken with your head cut off wondering where the time went and how you'll get eVERYTHING done that you needed to before this kiddo gets here.
So, like I said, I like that ticker. BUT...I also LOVE the one you have at the top. That is just too cool. So keep 'em both. haha
As for names: I actually think Blaire IS cute for a girl, but it's not my fav. I think that with Boston as your boy...his name far outshines Blaire...hmm....okay it could be really cute actually. Boston and Blaire??? I'm undecided so ignore my opinion, I'm just thinking out loud here.
Jeff told his seminary students our top 6 list and, of course, they all thought my 3 were weird. Oh well. Whose asking a 9th grader anyway?! haha jk. I do like opinions.
Okay, I will end this saga right now.
Love ya
umm so i pretty much love this sarcastic journalist thing. the last line of the one you sent me made me laugh out loud... 'if i can't even poop without crying, how am i going to have a baby?' hahahhah and that article you posted reminded me of wendy at I.S. remember how happy, glowing, loving pregancy she was? i hated her for it. Best line from that article: Don't trust a woman that can fit into her skinny jeans 6 weeks after giving birth. haha. I like the name Blaire. HOWWEVER.. you run into a LITTLE problem with following children. either people expect the rest to have names that begin with B or they wonder later on (when they get older) if they are twins. okay maybe they won't think that but i was thinking of naming one of our next children (if boy) adriano, and (if girl) ashton. now i don't think i can do that anymore and the reason why? rachel's thought process aforementioned. i'm retarded.
Hi Ashley! How are you?! Congrats on the baby. I haven't read anyone's blogs for a while so I just saw that you're pregnant.
Your little boy is so adorable!! I love those eyes and dark hair.
Oh, and I never told you but the posts you did about decorating your patio at your complex was so hilarious! I still think it's so funny that that other sucky one won. Lame.
Anyway, it seems like you're doing well. You, Joe, and Boston all see great!
I never hear from Rachel. How is she doing? Does she have any sort of website? I love to spy on people through their blogs...
Obviously I don't proof read comments before I submit them.
Ashley,
I did not know you were prego again! When are you due? I'm pregnant too and due probably around a week before you or so. Are you guys coming out to Utah anytime soon? I saw Rachel and Blayne a couple of months ago at Brianna's (Julie and Mark's daughter) baptism. I'm glad that we can both be pregnant together. You can give me tips and such! Take care!
Great article! Obviously pregnancy is worth all the pain in the end, but that doesn't make it suck any less while you're going through it. I hope you're feeling "as good as can be expected" with yours :)
Funny article! I loved it.
I can tell I will be wearing sweatpants for a while after this one because I have flab on my lower belly over the hard baby ball. Sad.
I'm happy to hear things are going well with your house and the baby!
Post a Comment