Wednesday, August 15, 2007

yet another posting

I have created a monster... I cannot stop posting...

So I told myself last night that I wasn't going to turn the TV on today. This is going to be difficult -- I did give in and watched a TiVoed episode of Scrubs while I ate my cereal, but other than that, I have not turned it on. What was I supposed to do while I ate? Stare at the wall in silence? I excuse myself. So then what have I done today, you may be wondering. Well, Boston and I took a nap in my bed. A good way to waste some time :) Although I don't like sleeping with him there. Until he falls asleep, he points at the ceiling fan and talks to it (or to me, I don't know). I can't fall asleep with that. But I managed today somehow. Plus, I was dreaming that I woke up and put him into his crib. So naturally I thought I could move because he wasn't there anymore. Needless to say, I smacked him in the face and knocked his pacifier clear out of his mouth. Miraculously, he did not wake up.

Then we woke up, I got him dressed in an outfit which Joe told me, "is probably the coolest outfit," and then we both ate. Okay, I'm boring myself typing this. I really needed to clean the house. In my dream, my mom was sleeping over at our house for some reason and I was dreaming that she was going crazy in my apartment because it was so dirty and she couldn't clean it up. So if your reading this mom, you may post a comment to verify that this would indeed be something you would do -- can't relax until it's clean. So I did a lot of cleaning. Yawn.

Okay two more things. One, here are some pictures. The first one is from a wedding that we went to in Indiana like 3 weeks ago. Boston wasn't walking yet, but he liked dancing with us and bounce/jumping on the floor. The other pictures are of Boston and his airplane backpack from Great Grandma Donovan. He really likes to carry it around and every once and while he wants to wear it. I don't know why he has no pants on. The rest are of one of the best purchases ever. I was at the Dollar Tree (you must go buy this if you have a child) and found this fake cell phone. Those ones at Target are totally Fisher-Price looking and they don't fool any child. Nothing beats the real thing. Well, this $1 phone looks like a real Nokia phone. The screen obviously is just a sticker, but the buttons make real phone noises when you push them. Boston likes to carry it around and if you say "hello" he'll put it to his ear. Number two will be below the pictures, please scroll...

For those of you who don't know, Joe was convinced (by me) to try and grow as much facial hair around his mouth as he could. This is as much as he could muster. But I think it looks really good :)


Spongebob No Pants and his backpack. (I think that BK commercial is funny and Joe does not)

(excuse the runny nose) He likes to stare into cameras. I was surprised I got this one because he kept inching closer and closer... till he can poke the screen. Awfully annoying.


Doing a Transformer pose with a Transformer in his mouth. His backpack converts too. A tribute to Michael "Black Mamba" McNamara.

A great investment!! Oh how real!! Now that you have his number, give him a buzz...

Placing a call.


What a handsome boy, on an awesome phone, wearing a cool outfit.

Okay, on to number two. Note: unless you are Rachel Pereira or know her and her husband OR are my sister or brother, you probably won't find this funny so you may want to just call it a day. That post I made last night was ridiculous. Joe finished reading his chapter and then we went to bed. I had read my friend Rachel's comment on a previous post (about Boston eating sand) and it made me laugh. I told Joe that I thought it was funny that he and Bruno (her husband) are so similar. I was picturing the three of us and the Pereira's and their boy at the beach -- Bruno and Joe knocking sand out of their kid's hands and Rachel and I sitting there just laughing at their unceasing frustration. Then I said to Joe, "I can't wait till she reads this (4 Things) post. She's really gonna laugh at that." Thinking about her reading it made me laugh even harder. Obviously, I'm laughing by myself. Joe thinks I'm crazy, but he is used to it now. THEN I start thinking about that post. "You can't play Quidditch with the Sorting Hat on..." and I almost busted my gut. Thinking of his response, "at Hogwarts" made me laugh even harder. And then I though again of Rachel reading it and needless to say, I think I laughed for 10 minutes. Every time I thought I had regained my composure, it started again. I had mascara streaked down my cheeks because I laughed too hard for too long. When it was all over, I had to go lay on the couch because laughing so hard had woken (is that a word?) me back up and I couldn't sleep. And now Rachel, you have made me laugh yet again because I read your comment on the 4 Things post and you laughed so hard you spilled a muffin on your computer. Thank you.
Finally, my dear sister, I truly appreciate your posting name. I knew it was good when I gave it to you 10 years ago, and it is still good to this day. Now I'm just waiting for DMWTKD to emerge and make his posting debut. I'll have to call Modelcraze and set up a reunion of some sort. Your birthday sounds like a perfect time :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

1)I think Joe's facial hair is a good look too. And Bruno if you read this, I love your nearly hairless face more!
2)Spongebob no pants... hehehe
3)The computer guy in the lab here came up to me while I was reading and laughing and told me to keep it down. Then he saw the tears and my mouth open full of apple and he stepped back a little. I said okay and he walked away. Composure. Little did I know that would be my struggle today.

Anonymous said...

Checking out your blog is my new favorite thing to do! LOVE those pics of boss man. You are too funny. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I just read the "4 things" post about harry potter and I started laughing so hard and mom and dad were staring at me like "Why are you laughing so hard, it wasn't that funny." Yes it was. They don't get it. haha.
I got one more day of two-a-days to go for the rest of my life, and i am sooooooo excited!!!!!!!
I tried calling Boston but he didn't pick up...
Today i watched 3 episodes of ANTM and it was faaaabolousssss...
Amen to Braveheart and Fight Club, but A Knight's Tale? c'mon Joe...

Anonymous said...

heyyy ash and joe! how's life treating you guys? i haven't seen you in a while. that's so awesome that boston can walk now! i remember when he had his first steps at nags head. you're blogs on here are hilarious! i've been staying with your family for a couple days now cause my parents are in utah dropping dallas off at the mtc and i just had surgery on my nose and your mom is taking excellent care of me. but she just showed me this blog and we were laughing pretty hard! this blog is a really good idea by the way. you need to show me how to do this when you guys move here if that's ok. when are you guys moving here? i can't wait. that's gonna be fun. well, i'll talk to you guys later! tell boston i said hi!

Anonymous said...

for some reason whenever i think of singoling i start singing the jiggly-puff song - if you remember that used to be my favorite! man i was cool.. so recalling your MS days made me laugh, you forgot to mention that you really enjoyed wearing a long spandex blue tye-dyed dress - it really looked great with your toadstool haircut, which btw i almost wet my pants laughing at - especially because i'm at taylor's and he's taking a nap and is aggrevated by my typing, so in an effort not to wake him, i tried to hold in my laughter and almost had an accident! that would have been good.. now thats one thing i've yet to clean up. Cleaning up someone else's throw up is awful, i think even worse in my case because it was a grown girl! (If you recall my Skyview days..) bos is so cute, i know you know that, but i can't wait to see him again. that up close pic of him is adorable and it's fun to see him developing his own personality! wow this post is long - i realize it only asks for a comment and i wrote a novel, but i had a lot of things pop into mind while i was typing so sorry! love you modelcraze... no wonder your fav show is ANTM. (PS, dustin i didn't realize you liked that show... a little concerned? Now that i recall, you loved watching What Not to Wear with me, much to mom's annoyance. You still have a recording on that?)

meredith said...

FACE! I love reading your blog! It makes me miss you so much. I can't believe Boston is so big...and no one ever likes to be called big but i meant that in the best way possible. And I love that you watch scrubs because it has to be one of my favorite shows and I just started watching it this summer. I am glad I can keep up with your life with this blog!