Unfortunately, we have gone on our family vacations. Now we have nothing to look forward to the rest of our summer. We went to a family "reunion" (not a true reunion. We all live on the same street minus my grandparents, the Donovans) with my mom's side of the family the week of July 4th. Then we went with Joe's family to a reunion with his mom's family for the first couple of days in August. Anyway, I wanted to post pictures so you could see what we've been up to.
Crowder family reunion:
We went to the Great Wolf Lodge out in Kansas City, MO from Aug 1-4. Paula (my mother-in-law) was in charge of coordinating the whole event and she really did a great job. If I had that responsibility, I would have been a basket case. Paula was cool as a cucumber, and although she said she was stressed I couldn't tell. An admirable quality :) We brought our camera and video camera, but with all the water the pics were coming out foggy. I think it was because the GWL has an indoor waterpark and all that moisture in the air prevented a lot of our pics from turning out. Boston, who has almost mastered walking, was loving the zero-depth baby pool. It was like a giant bathtub for him with lot of new toys. We had a fun time seeing family again and seeing family for the first time.Boston liked crawling from one hole to another and trying to drink the water.
Here he is with Grandpa Holloway. He was pretty excited to see how much Boston loved the water. Jeff was a great swimmer and yet all his kids flunked out of the YMCA's tadpole swim courses. He's hoping Boston inherited that "fish" gene.
My makeup looks awesome. And Boston has a water drop earring.
Joe and his littlest brother Jackson (5). Look at his cute little smile :) He was very persistent on making us go down the slides with him. This was very unlike him.
Luke (22) is too cool for the pool. Thumbs up are awesome.
My nostrils look absolutely spectacular in this pic, but I had to put it in because Boston and his cousin Darek were staring at each other (which obviously made me laugh).
These were all the cool people in the room... haha. Me and two babies.
Deseret Clan:
We went to Nags Head, NC on the week of July 4th. Boston's birthday is July 6th so we celebrated that, although his mood was quite foul. The beach is a great place to go and relax, play some beach volleyball, and soak up the sun -- throw a baby in the mix and the relaxing is no longer a part of the equation. It was still fun to see him experience sand for the first time, as well as the ocean. Joe was freaking out because Boston was eating sand by the handfuls while me and my family just laughed. Joe realized his efforts at getting him to stop were useless and tiring, and so the next day Boston had a diaper full of sand -- full of sand. But that sandpapering experience didn't stop him from eating more. He actually would take his beach snacks (like his Fruit Loops), put them in his mouth, take them out, drop them in the sand, coat them with a light seasoning of sand, and then eat them. Very gross, but very funny to watch. We're looking forward to doing it all over again next year!
Uncle Dustin with matching hairdos -- definitely a good look. I think Dustin was ready for his nap :)
The cake did a better job than Tyler.
All (most of) the boys in the hot tub. The water was nice and yellow... very clean. Michael was doing his Shamu impression.
He is sitting right next to Joe. Boston is trying to put this sand in his mouth before dad knocks his hand away. Dad clearly is hovering!! No sand for you!



5 comments:
Those pics are absolutely adorable...you're not wasting your time...you are scrapbooking and journaling!! I love you...you are so talented and Boston is the best baby ever.
mom
i look like I'm 8 years old in that pic, what the heck!! My hair is pretty rad tho...
There is NO way that is Boston! He is huge! Of course I remember you-dork! I am so glad you are blogging too! This is wonderful! I love keeping in touch with everyone and seeing what everyone is up to! You guys look great! It sounds like you are happy out there! Well, keep in touch! I will look at your blog all of the time now-sorta obsessed!
oh my eye I don't think I have ever laughed so much about a blog. Tears ashley... tears I am wiping away. OH and I could just imagine Bruno doing the same thing if Owen was eating sand. He freaks out all the time about things and I sit back and laugh...
Ashley your blog is so funny! I especially liked the description about the author--except that you're moving! I didn't know that! I am sad you're moving but I'm happy for you guys because I'm sure it will be a better situation for you.
Your reunion looks like a lot of fun. cute pics. Let's chat sometine soon.
ps my blog is
www.sarahjasonjamesnathan.blogspot.com
Post a Comment