Okay well the other video was messing up so that will have to wait for later. Sorry!
I did not want to be a mom this morning. Boston woke up earlier than normal and I was just praying that I was hearing cries in my dream. Today my prayers were not answered. I gave him his bottle, changed his diaper, and then laid him back down. He started crying 10 minutes later, right after I had fallen back asleep of course. So I gave him his pacifier and tried again... 10 minutes later I was back in there trying again. Okay, I'm not a terrible mother, so after the third time I thought, "I don't want to be a mom today," rolled out of bed and started the day.
Then Joe calls and asked if I'm leaving for Ohio Wednesday or Thursday and that I needed to decided that very minute so that he could call the realtor so I could go look at houses. I'm not even awake yet Joe, I can't decide what to eat for breakfast right now, ask me in 2 hours. Nope. So I'm leaving tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn (if you haven't figured out yet, I'm not a morning person in the least), which suddenly caused me to be under the gun. Firstly, I hate last minute packing. Yes it is true that I always wait to pack until the very last possible second, but I've known about packing for some time. Knowing I need to pack a day in advance stresses me out. I don't know why, that's just the way I feel so I don't argue with it. Secondly, there is a contest in our apartment's apartment community and the deadline is August 31st. It's called "Beautiful balcony, perfect patio" and you have to decorate whichever you have. 1st place is $300 of your months rent, 2nd is $200, and 3rd is $100. Worth it, right? Our poor student days have caused me to try things I wouldn't normally do, all in the name of saving a buck. Side note: I sang karaoke to knock money off our rent (I've never done this before and probably never again) and won $500. Back to story: So decorating our "perfect patio" is what I did during Boston's 3 hour nap -- INSTEAD of sleeping. You know how bad I wanted that nap today! Anyway, in effort to make this post short because I need to get some sleep before tomorrow, I am posting some of the pictures of the final resort. I only went to World Market (which I love) to shop for stuff so this is all I could find for my fiesta/Mexican theme. I say this in case you just love something and must get it for yourself. I wouldn't blame you. My perfect patio may just make you want to redecorate your living room to look like my patio. haha, enjoy. (really though, this is my first ever 'official' decorating try, so don't expect some Divine Design result or anything). Oh, and by the way, Boston loves loves loves his new hiding spot. What a nut ball!
Okay these are the before (well technically it's the neighbor's house, but you get the idea).
The front door is the last thing I did. Those balls hanging above the door attest to this fact. Oh, and Joe wanted to keep those chile peppers until I told him they were $15. Yes, a rip off. Luckily. Because I don't want them in my kitchen :)
Please notice my bow around this pathetic excuse for a plant. Thank you. The landscaping is not my fault.
These were awful to open. And to hang. Out of the thirty million that I did, all of them were pains.
I just want to tell you that I love this sign but due to it's price tag, Joe so I can't keep it. And, let's be honest, where would I put it? The bathroom??
Yes, I know the ice is melted. And yes, that is our grill. Today was, I swear, the hottest day of the year thus far. Of all days...
And I love this purse, or should I say vase.
Absolutely necessary...
This picture just makes me laugh. Night and day, right next to each other. I hope I don't lose points for their lack of creativity. Also, Boston kept looking out the window and saying ball. Cute at first, but annoying hours later.
I just realized that I forgot to get out Joe's mariachi band!! When we went to Mexico he could pick one souvenir and that's what he chose. I don't know why. I guess less is more, but those little squatty, fat musicians would have made it all the more cliche.
And so after Joe came home from work, we took it all down. And then I packaged it all back up and it's going back to World Market. Yes, I'm returning it all, less what was already mine. I'm exhausted and sadly bummed that we couldn't have an actual fiesta after all my hard work. Although, if I had a choice, I would pick a siesta instead :)



6 comments:
You are so creative!! The porch looks SO good, I'm sure you will win! Oh and I know your sentiment about wanting to sleep rather than care for baby all too well...
Ash your porch is adorable! I would say that I'm impressed, but being my sister I am not surprised! So wait, you already took it all down? When do/did they judge? I'm sure you'll win, it is so stinkin cute! I'm planning on calling you later today to talk since it's been a while so be waiting by the phone! Also, that thing about Boston's hiding spot is so cute, i miss that little guy! SO much like his aunt.. i believe my location of choice was behind a rocking chair - see-through... not such a good spot! A better spot would've been my doll house, right? That was the prime spot to hide from burglars you know... I love you ash.
So when do you find out if you win? My vote would be for you! What did others do? Your is so creative I love it, you crack me up! I hope you got some sleep!
How fun, I love the porch, it's so cute! You did such a good job, I am sooo not creative like that! Good job Ash!
Okay, I found your blog, how else- through someone elses. Boston is absolutely adorable!! I can't even believe how old he looks, and how many teeth he has!! Can I just say that you crack me up. I know where to come when I need a laugh. the best part is, when I'm reading your posts I can totally hear you saying all this stuff. You're just so great. Have fun in Ohio, bet some sleep, you are a great mom, and oh yes, your patio is fabulous. You're a shoo-in for the $300!
love ya
nicole
ps thank you for your comments on my blog, for some reason it helps to know that my little bit of the world is being seen. haha
Hey Ashley,
The porch looks awesome...did you win? you definintly should.
Hopefully I'll talk to you soon!
Sarah
Post a Comment