I feel that when I don't post no one else posts either. If this is not true, what is holding everyone else back? Please post more frequently. I will do better too. I read in the BYU magazine (summer '07 Family Focus) that creating a family blog is a good idea. Very interesting, huh? I knew I was on the right track :)
Alright, well my computer is still busted. I don't know what to do. Circuit City offers a free diagnostic check, but it is $100 to remove any viruses and/or spyware. Or I can whip out my old Dell from 2003 and buy a new AC adapter to charge it since the battery went dead about a year ago (the less expensive option, but the computer is much slower). You would think a 2003 laptop would still work. That computer did not age well and I am not happy about it. Funny story... I called Dell to see if the adapter was still under warranty (it definitely wasn't) and the guy on the phone was very nice, cheerful and helpful, yet he was a little weird. He tried to pronounce Naperville and jacked it up pretty bad and so I corrected him and he says "Sorry, I'm not very edumacated (ed-jew-ma-kay-tid)." ummmm.... what do you say to that? "Oh yes, I would have to agree? You don't sound too smart." haha, but it got me thinking about someone (an old missionary serving in Ohio) who used to say this endlessly. "Are you from Utah?" "Actually I am! How did you know?!" blah blah blah went the conversation and it was very interesting that more than one person from the outskirts of Salt Lake says edumacated. Okay maybe that's not a funny story unless you know anyone from Utah that says this, like Elder Dallin Whittear.
Okay so moving on... I found this pic of Boston on Joe's computer. It made me laugh thinking about how he was in a such a bad mood on his birthday.

This is for all of you who would like to see what Boston's teeth look like. I know all of you are dying to know :)
Boston saw me stand on this bowl when I was talking to someone on the phone and he pulled it over to his piano. His music made more of a statement on top of his bowl.
Okay, prepare yourselves. I was cutting stuff out at our kitchen table and Mr. Stinkpants over here crawled under his high chair and just was chilling. There are better hiding places in our condo, but apparently he wanted to be by me and yet be hiding. I found out why...
Just check out his face.... yes. I caught you....
He's being very quiet -- a bad sign for moms to hear... do you notice anything in the picture??
Okay this is your last chance. Look at his face. It's a little red. Mr. Boston over here wanted to hide so he could do his business. He wanted to be by me because then he wouldn't have to sit in it as long. Crafty little boy. He was like this for about 5 minutes. He did not laugh when I was laughing at him. He made that face the whole time. What a goober head.
Joe told me that this morning Boston crawled under the kitchen table to do his duty -- this is not an easy feat. Getting him out from under there is more tricky that getting in (I would imagine).
So this week has been relatively lame. There was a tornado warning this week, which normally wouldn't freak me out. I was watching TV and this black screen came on with some computer woman saying "Emergency! Find cover immediately! A tornado has touched down [in the town right next to mine]. If you are in a car or trailer home, evacuate immediately and find safer shelter! Please take action now!!" That will go on record as the first time I have actually been scared about a tornado, and I feel it is with good reason. So naturally I went outside to check it out! The rain was seriously smacking me in the face -- it was actually somewhat painful. The trees were all crazy going in different directions and all and the sky was rather dark. This was around 2:30 or so and I called Joe because I was concerned about him riding the train home. So it was perfect that we had just seen Wicked because now I'm having visions of Joe's train getting swept up in the tornado. Rational thinking is not my thing all the time :) Everything ended up being fine, for the most part -- well on my end anyway. Joe was delayed an hour getting onto the train (it left at 7:40) because there were power lines on the railroad tracks. He didn't get home until 10 o'clock that night. At least he was home safe. The next day, yes, NEXT DAY, the lake by our apartment buildings was still overflowing (it was late afternoon) all onto the streets. Joe said that there were over 100, 000 (maybe 200,000?? I can't remember) that were out of power for more than 24 hours. Pretty awful weather. I'm supposed to decorate our porch, or rather the builders funny idea of a porch because it is so small, but it has been raining almost nonstop. Today is the first consistently sunny day I've seen in a long time. Oh Chicago....
My Grandma called yesterday. She is known to make so pretty off the wall comments. Her message was "Ash, are you underwater? I wanted to see how you were all doing? I love you all!" I thought she had made yet another crazy comment, or was telling me that I sound ridiculous on my answering machine. So I called her back today and she asked me if I was in a rowboat. ???? No one knows... then she says "I've been watching the news and saw all the flooding and bad weather out there. There were semi's on the highway going one direction and I thought there were rowboats going the other direction but they were just cars." Ah yes, I've made that mistake once or twice before. Obviously, all her water references were about the storm. She made more sense once I figured this out -- I love you Grandma!! :)
Finally, to cap of the end of this week... On Thursday, I was up waiting for Joe (the day he got home at 10), I was hungry because I hadn't made or eaten any dinner. I didn't want to wake Boston up to go get something, yet we didn't have any ready-to-eat food available. So I searched everywhere and what I came up with was either cream of mushroom soup or a Jenny Craig meal from 2005. This wasn't a hard decision, I don't like mushrooms. This was clearly an old meal. The gravy was all separated and the potatoes were a very light brown, not a good "eat me" white, but I heated it up nonetheless because cream of mushroom still sounded worse. I ate it and everything was fine -- no funky taste. Friday, Saturday, and now Sunday I have suffered from the worst of stomach cramps, no joke (I'll let your mind wander as to why). Friday I spent the night running back and forth from the bed to the bathroom and Saturday was not much different. We went to On the Border (surprisingly the only chain Mexican restaurant we can find here) and mid-dinner I was back in the bathroom. Making my trip worth it, however, was a little boy (about 3-4) in the stall with his mom who announced "Mom, my poop is coming out! Why are you laughing? It is, I feel it!!" I can't wait till I have my children embarrass me in the bathroom :)
So in closing, I repeat, it has been a pretty lame weekend. Scary weather and scary trips to the bathroom. The lesson learned: Jenny Craig does not work if you want to lose weight. Eating 2 year old Jenny Craig food DOES. Thanks Jenny!!



7 comments:
Boston is so funny with his face all red, haha...
I was laughing at the comment u heard that that little kid said for probably 2 straight minutes...
Grandma Welch told me tonight at dinner that when dad first came home from his mission, he used his hands a lot to make little gestures while he talked...can't u just image dad eating dinner saying, "Mom, can you please pass the Mozzerella?" in an Italian accent while waving his hands around? (emphasis on the Mozzerella) hahahaha
I am loving these pics! so cute
I laughed and I'm still laughing. "I can feel it!" hahahaha oh I'm so glad you posted again. Life has meaning again... I haven't posted because I feel lame with no pictures. I lost the connector cable for the camera and I even took pictures of Owen's teeth too! Oh well, I'll find them and post soon. Speaking of poop, Owen drank a little soap yesterday.... terrible situation in the diaper today. terrible. It was green. algae green.
Wow! Can you believe how busy they are right now. Makes you think twice about doing it again huh?!? I love your blog by the way, Boston is the cutest! Someday we will have to get he and Elle together! The pooping stories are the greatest!
I love the pictures! I can't believe how active he is now. The last time I saw him he was just a little new born! He's so cute!
You have to name you next baby boy Champ! It goes perfect with Boss.
Okay you are fascinated with poop and bodily functions just like your mom. The 'mom my poop coming out' is funny though. Cute pics, the fiesta porch was pretty good. Did they announce the winner and runner ups? I forwardeed the address to Shelly again, I'll check on her later to see if she looked or not. I'll have to look at Kellie's too. It will be great to have you back in town.
Patrick.
Post a Comment