Monday, October 29, 2007

OSU vs Michigan

Okay these are the pictures from the best game Joe and I have ever been to; Ohio State vs Michigan!! It really was unbelievable and even though it was at the Big House in Ann Arbor, it was well worth the trip. The traffic was awful on the way back to Columbus, but we all would do it all over again in a heartbeat. It was definitely a different football experience than ANY BYU game. We were yelled at so many times I lost count and I heard F- you more times than I've ever heard in my lifetime. Plus, we had some looney tell us that, and I quote, "I hope you all die in a car crash on your way home." Well, thank you. Right back at ya!


Here's me and my uncle Todd. He and his friend all rode with us to the game. He had some awesome plastic glasses that flashed red.

Here's me and Joe during a round of O-H-I-O going around the Michigan stadium. Definitely a cool moment!!

The final score!!!

The band, players and fans!

This is just closer up. At the end of the game they all get together and play and sing the Alma Mater.

This was the band marching through Michigan tailgate territory. They were verbally harassed too. I felt bad for them because they're just the band, but they hate everything Ohio State and we hate everything Michigan so it makes sense.

After the teams ran out... little confrontation midfield.

This was before it started to rain. I woke up and did my hair to get rained and snowed on :(

The girl behind us took this picture before the game started. Afterwards, we discovered she had the dirtiest mouth out of the whole stadium. When your on row 100+, no point in yelling that many obscenities, especially when there are kids around.

The band of Ohio State fans in red around the rim of the stadium. They announced that this was the 2nd highest attendance ever at Michigan Stadium, over 112,000 (I can't remember the exact number). Half of the stadium is actually below the ground so all of the seats are good seats. But since the stadium is like 100 years old, it was built for people that were like 150 lbs or less. Not the average fan size today. I think I had half a seat for the whole game. It was nice only because it was it was raining and eventually snowed and the body heat from all us sardines kept us warm for a little bit. It was so so so cold...

Joe said that the band really did an awesome job keeping the fans in the game. So here's to them!

No comments: