Here are some pictures from Thanksgiving at the Holloway's. I'm realizing now that we took all of 6 pictures while we were there. How lame...Jackson, Boston, and Jeffery in a moving box. Party time.
See how fun?!
Everyone but Jackson is having a ball. I guess he didn't want to miss out on the party.
Alright everyone, I'm sure the whole world has been concerned, but I AM alive. I found out a little over a month ago that I was prego with baby number 2 and I didn't want to post anything about it until after Thanksgiving because we were gonna tell Joe's family in person. PLUS, I was so tired all the time that blogging was the least of my concerns. I didn't forget how sick I was with Boston (and I wasn't all that sick this time) but I did forget how tired you are. Really, a midday (is that one word?) is a requirement.
Then, last week Boston was diagnosed with pertussis (whooping cough). I don't know how long he had it because he had been throwing fits and acting all crazy for a long time. But his cough and nose and everything just intensified and so we brought him in to the doctor and they tested him and it was positive. Apparently, it has been going around like wildfire in this area and the doctors don't know why. A high school made the pertussis booster mandatory a couple weeks ago. Anyway, so he was tested Tuesday, came back positive on Wednesday and the doctor informed me that everyone living with Bos had to be on antibiotics and get a booster if they were due for one. Since we are living at home that is SEVEN people. My family was not happy with the Bos man...
Later that day I had a scheduled OBGYN appt. to hear the heart beat (I was 12 weeks at this point), but I ended up having to get an ultrasound because the nurses couldn't find it. Unfortunately, the baby was no longer alive and the doctor and I had to discuss our options. It was pretty tough to watch the ultrasound because 4 weeks earlier Joe and I had seen the heart beating and everything seemed fine. I drove to Joe's office and told him (I'm glad he wasn't at the office visit because I don't think I could have held my tears back if he was there) and then told him that Friday I had to go in to the hospital and get a D&E. My OBGYN told me after the D&E that he felt my placenta was viable (which means they grow tissue from the cells) and they will take the grown tissue and test it for genetic abnormalities, basically to see if they can find out what went wrong. The results, however, won't be in for about 5 weeks. So now it's just wait and see. Joe's sister shared what her doctor told her after a miscarriage and I thought I'd share it for all those who have had one or might have one in the future (hopefully this doesn't happen though). "As soon as you see a positive result on that pregnancy test, it is a person to you and it is perfect. There aren't any genetic problems or physical deformities, it's just a perfect little baby." (I'm hoping I quoted that well enough) Therefore, it's tough to hear that something might have been wrong with the fetus because it is true, you feel that everything will be alright and that it will grow to be healthy and strong. I don't know why this pregnancy didn't work out, but in a way I am grateful because it has made the relationship I have with Joe even stronger. I feel that our love deepened and our compassion and understanding grew as well. I appreciate and love him so much for listening to me and giving me a shoulder to cry on. This experience has also made me take a breath and enjoy this stage in Boston's life even more than I was before. I have such an awesome little family :)
Needless to say, the past week has been pretty tough for our family. We're all doing much better now and we're grateful for all of those who have been there--whether in person or by phone--for us. We hope all is well with all our friends and family and we wish you all a spectacular Christmas and New Year!!!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
where in the world is Ashley Holloway?
Posted by
ashley marie
at
8:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Aw Ash, I'm sorry. I know exactly how you feel. Same thing happened to me 3 years ago exactly. I wish I lived close then I would make to food or desserts or something. That always made me feel better a little. I'll be praying for you guys. Love ya
Hey Ashley,
I'm so sorry to hear about this. Thanks for sharing the experience though, it sounds like you are getting through it well. Take care!
Love,
Sarah
I am so sorry Ashley. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. You have a great attitude though, way to see the bright side. I will keep you in my prayers.
Ash, I had my camera out already waiting for something exiting to happen... and IT DID! I saw the street name and told Bruno to slow down. We were almost stopped right in the middle of the intersection to take the pictures, but it was WORTH it:) hahaha
Ashley! I won't pretend to know how you feel. But I hope you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. You are such an incredible mom to ABSOLUTELY adorable Boston. I guess Heavenly Father knew he'd need you to himself for a little bit longer. :) You're amazing. Good luck with things and I will try to keep in better touch! I hope Christmas was fantastic!!! Love ya
Hey Ash, I am so sorry to hear about that! I can imagine it is a very painful things to go through, and I hope you are feeling better now. I had kind of a similar thing happen with Elle and the doctor just assured me, that miscarriages are a horrible thing to go through, but it is often for the best. It was hard for me to hear or feel any better about though, it is just a tough thing. I know this is really late, but we are thinking about you! Sometimes I think we go through horrible things so that we can help other people. That is kind of my positive take on bad situations.
Boston gets cuter every time you post pictures of him, he looks like a very busy little guy! I love your updates.
Hey, where are you now?
Post a Comment