Tuesday, April 28, 2009

weekends

I tried to work backwards from this past weekend and didn't even make it to Easter before I got burnt out. Uploading pictures is annoying and tedious! I guess that's the problem with being such a slacker on updating our blog. Anyway, maybe I'll eventually post some of those.
These pictures are what we have been up to over the weekends (and some throughout the week) as of late. It's totally late and so I'm not even gonna bother writing an actual post tonight -- I want to go to bed! :)

On Saturday I woke up and and this was my view. I don't even remember him crawling into bed. What a little stinker :)



In potty training news, Boston insists upon using the toilet this way. I'll admit he learned this from watching me. Haha, now wouldn't that be a hoot! Oh, I crack myself up!!!







Grandpa Welch let Boston ride around on the tractor he was using to bush-hog (or whatever Joe called it). I have video of him changing gears, but none of my videos are uploading right now.



Needless to say, he loved it!






Miss Brittany and her beau, Adam, came out on Tuesday and just left yesterday. It was fun to get to see her and to get to know Adam even better -- what a cute couple! She's leaving for Australia tomorrow for a study abroad (and yes, I'm jealous!) and so she came to visit before she left for 6 weeks.



We had a bonfire on Thursday. I didn't want our clothes all smokey smelling so I went up and grabbed some of my awesome old clothes from my closet. Boston even was sporting an old sweatshirt Britt and I shared back in high school. How I ever fit into it, I'll have no idea!



This was the first time that Boston had ever eaten a s'more. Even though last year we had several bonfires, he had either gone to bed or refused to try one.



Lucky for me, he took two bites and was done. I guess making the s'more is better than eating one!



My dad got the box at the new AAA baseball stadium in downtown Columbus. Man it was so nice! Especially compared to what the old one used to be like!! Sitting in a box is probably the best thing ever if you have a toddler who doesn't want to watch all nine innings of a game.



My grandpa came up from his seat to come and say hi to us all -- and to get some candy too!



Something amazing must have been happening! :)



Great game so far!



And Reese was being amazing, as usual. Not only is she totally mellow, but she is so smiley too. Boston was always mellow, but not so smiley. It's so fun to see her smile at just about anything -- especially when it's Boston doing something crazy.



Just watchin' the game. He'd do a little cheering, run up and play with his new micro machines (courtesy of an awesome yard sale I hit up earlier that day), come back down and dance, run up and eat some candy, and on and on and on. He was SOOO worn out by the time we got home -- as were we!



Michael showing Boston how to dance.



Britt had to check the picture to see if I needed to take another one. Apparently Adam was sick of waiting for her to decide, yet again, that I needed to take another pic.



By the ninth inning we had to switch the basketball game to some cartoons.



Oh yes, I am looking so lovely!!



Michael paused to take a break from all the dancing.



Adam and Britt -- loving the armpit shot.



Reesie poo poo!!



Joey poo poo!!



Me and my cute kids. Boston was so determined to get Reese to look at the camera that we actually didn't get any with him looking at it.



I got these lame tv tray tables at goodwill and so we had a picnic upstairs. I guess Boston was more excited about the picnic than I remembered!



This little girl is growing up so fast! This was the first time that I had ever put her sitting in the shopping cart. Cute little Bos said she was scared and so he sat next to her and held her hand for the first 5 minutes (until I got some cash for a return and he wanted to hold that instead) -- what cuties!!



Boston looks out of control, but Reese was LOVING sitting in the cart. I guess all the freedom was exhilarating. She was pumping her fists so fast that they are just a blur!!



Okay, seriously!?!? I can't handle how adorable this child is...



.. or this one. They are dangerous together. I can't resist their cuteness and they get whatever they want.



Boston wanted me to take a picture really close and then look at it. Doesn't that sound like a fun game? The shoppers at Costco were starring at the crazy lady having an impromptu photo session in the aisles of the store.



I downloaded the most ridiculous app for my phone called 'swap faces' and it does just that. Joe thinks I'm retarded, but I can't get enough -- it cracks me up! So here's Mike and his mom:



Grandma and grandpa:



Brittany and Adam:



I just realized that I must have deleted the pic I uploaded of Boston and Reese. Maybe some other post...

So here's Reese at church on Sunday. I probably shouldn't take pictures with my phone during church, but like I said earlier, these kids are hard resist when they are playing cute cards left and right.



The other day during Boston's bath I told him I wanted to take a picture. He refused to smile while looking at the camera, and then told me that he wanted to take a picture "like this mommy." This is the pose he wanted (watch out -- it's fierce!!):



Singing along to a song on the radio! The other day Reese had fallen asleep in the car on the way home from the gym. I knew Boston was hungry and so we swung by Sonic and I got him a hamburger, and since it was happy hour I had to get an amazing slushie to share with him. He asks to go on a "picnic in the car" almost every day now. Oh actually he asked me the other day if I could go get dad so that he could go on a picnic with him. I asked if Reese and I should come and he said "no, me and dally. Not mommy and baby Reese" (this is how he says 'daddy', by the way). I won't lie, I was hurt :(



Checking out all the cool things the front seat has to offer.



Like the ability to watch yourself fix your hair!



Grandma and Grandpa Welch watched Bos two Saturday's ago and when we picked him up he was totally beat! Good job mom and dad!!



Joe put up the baby swing on my parents swing set. I guess my mom needs to buy some extenders for the rope... but Reese sure didn't care! She loves swinging -- although Grandma can't put her in there without a ladder!! haha good thing I'm tall! My mom will need to buy those extension chains soon!



Can you believe she is 7 months already?!



The big day finally arrived!! Me, Joe, and my dad went and picked up our bee's from good 'ole Barry boy's farm. We had been taking beekeeping classes for a month and we are all now COBA members (Central Ohio Beekeeping Association). We are such nerds and are totally owning it! So we were all excited to actually pick up our bees and put them in their hive!!!



So proud of his 'girls!'



Daddy-o.



There's the Barry himself!



Crazy, but this is how we brought them home! Six months ago if someone would have told me I would be traveling in a car with 20,000-24,000 bees I would have pooped my pants.



Each 'package' has a queen bee and then about 10,000-12,000 worker bees, which equals approx. 3 lbs.



I'm watching Joe try and get the queen out without dropping her or releasing all the workers.



And he dropped her... so now Joe has the task of digging around the box to try and find it!!



Here was the queen from the other package (seeing as though Joe and I were still trying to locate the other queen...) -- the queens are in a separate small box, but it sits inside the big box. There's some candy blocking her from escaping, but she eventually chews through it to get out. The bees have to get used to her before she is 'free' or else they will just kill her.



Joe and I are making a hanger thing to dangle the queen box in the hive. Then the bees get used to her while she chews out of her cage.



The big moment -- Joe's pouring out the bees! Seriously, it's like pouring out cereal. It's crazy. I forgot to get video of us actually pouring them out, but I did get some of us putting the frames back in (although I can't get videos to upload right now so you'll have to wait).



Now it's my dad's turn!



That's a ton of bees.



We have successfully put all our bees in their hives (we have two right now). Tomorrow we get to go and check on them and we're excited to see what has happened since we last saw them (on Saturday). Me, Joe, and Boston (he looked so cute!) went out with veils on and just stood by the hives and watched them buzz around on Sunday. It really is so cool. I didn't think I'd be into the whole bee thing, but I'm loving it so far! Wish us luck and great weather!

6 comments:

Troy and Brittany said...

Wow, bees! Reese and Boston really are adorable kiddos. I want box seats to a baseball game! Sounds like tons of fun!

Rachel said...

I love Boston's fierce pose in the tub and I can't even handle Reese's little curls - oh my gosh they are just too adorable.
And bees? Where did this come from?

Kassie said...

you guys look awesome in your beekeepers outfits. We just set our second hive last week and are already waiting anxiously for the honey to flow! Good job!!
You do have some amazingly cute kids, must be the Welch genes....

Megan said...

hey whats that adam kids last name??

Megan said...

so is Boston all potty trained?? i need help. and YES I DO KNOW HIM!! tell him Megan (Martin) from Snow says HI!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

the kids are TOO cute! and i have wanted to be a bee keeper forever!

i'm an aspiring nerd...