I have become ridiculous at updating my blog. Sad. I don't think anyone checks it with any regularity anymore too. Double sad. In happier news, your comments on my last post were great -- thanks! I can't believe there are some friends that have never had anything similar like that happen... I must have REALLY bad luck to have both happen -- especially in the same month! So on that note, here is a little list of things.
Things that make me sad:
- having a baby 6 months ago but looking like it was only last week
- working out for 3 weeks straight and losing 3 lbs -- poop on that
- my dr pretending that losing 3 lbs is the best thing ever. I KNOW YOU WERE FAKING!!!
- the guy in my yoga class breathing so loud I can't focus on what I'm doing
- getting in an argument w/ Joe because he doesn't have any clean underwear
- telling him all the clean whites are in the dryer -- apparently everything is still wet
- realizing my dryer is broken
- Reese having an antibiotic-resistant ear infection for 2 months
- the dr saying Reese has a "new source of pain" -- her throat
- still paying off hospital and dr bills
- Boston no longer taking naps
- Boston having bad dreams and waking up screaming
- Boston not being able to go back to sleep without his pacifier
- Having to show Boston at THREE AM how to turn on the light and find his stupid pacifier himself
- Boston waking up 3 hours later and crawling into bed with us
- Boston kicking and smacking me and Joe for the next 2 hours
- not getting any sleep
- ants invading our house
- my cell dying mid-conversation and you can't call them back and say "my phone is dead, can't talk"
- our only food storage is a 3 day food tub from Costco, some canned tomatoes, 7 bottles of water, 3 bottles of multi-vitamins and omega-3 pills, and 10 boxes of 100 calorie snacks
- people talking too long/people not realizing I don't want to talk to them. The convo died -- time to walk away! **this applies mainly to strangers, nobody get paranoid :)
- Joe getting scheduled out of town again for 2 more weeks
- Joe's car needing a new muffler before he leaves
- not being in school to learn interesting new things
- putting grass seed in our yard and birds eating it all
- having to pay to text message
- eating fish
- Joe cooking fish and stinking up the whole house
- Joe having an under active thyroid and not me
- realizing this list could go on for a while...
Things that make me happy:
- being able to sleep on my stomach because I'm not pregnant
- being able to run for a 1/2 hour without stopping
- knowing that the washing machine still works fine
- NEVER needing to take another test for school EVER EVER AGAIN
- Reese's ear infection finally going away
- the things that Boston says
- Boston singing random words to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star -- my favorite is "mommy mommy wonderful, mommy mommy wonderful." Good, huh?
- Boston pooping in the toilet twice last week
- being married to Joe
- having 2 crazy kids
- going to church
- having a fun neighbor with a kid Boston's age
- living close to both sides of our family
- having health and dental insurance, albeit pretty crappy
- qualifying for a small percent of charity for all the medical bills
- Diet Coke
- having all my blood work taken and being totally healthy and normal (but no under active thyroid to blame this weight on -- sad)
- if I lose 3 more lbs my mom will pay to get my hair done (desperately needed)
- keeping in touch with friend and family
- my new iPhone -- ahhhhhmazing
- slowly but surely getting rid of all our debt
- the mice are gone
- having an awesome house -- even with the mice and ants
- the blessings from paying tithing
- having people who will watch my kids for free. Pretty sure I'll love them forever
- starting our beehives this month
- having my own business
- amazing child care at my gym. They change diapers and make crafts -- what's not to love?
- Noggin
- the weird people that talk to me too long and give me too much information about their lives. I always have good stories to laugh about later!
- realizing that THIS list could go on forever and knowing it outweighs the previous one :)
I was lying in bed thinking about posting a list on my blog about sad/awful/complain-y things. I realized that for every complaint, I could think of at least one positive. Like Reese's throat virus thing -- at least her ears are better and doesn't need tubes. It really is interesting that by slightly changing your perspective you realize that life is pretty great and that we all have a lot to be happy and thankful for. I've applied this principle to prayer and have been saying prayers of thanks and gratitude, instead of always asking for blessings. By changing something that small and simple, it has enabled me to be more content and grateful for every trial, no matter the size (like say, an ant size!) and has overall helped me be a happier person. What a great thing to recognize sooner in life, rather than later :)
Hope you are all able to find the silver lining on all the clouds in your life!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
list of things
Posted by
ashley marie
at
5:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
That was way long Ash! But really fun to read! Shawn does that underwear routine too, only its because I haven't even tried to wash them! He has arms right ;)
I loved reading your lists. Sad that I too, still look like I had Kylie yesterday. Really though, 3 pounds is great, because it all starts to add up.
I still check your blog regularly, and I figured your phone died :) For some reason your list of food storage made me laugh out loud. I sure wish I lived near my darling nephew and niece, I love you guys!
so i needed this today! thanks! i need to make lists of my own. :)
Hey Ash, I think you're great! AND beautiful... for some reason your food storage thing reminded me of this quote of encouragement for last month's ensign:
"Perhaps in the past accumulating a year's supply of food may have been a little intimidating... but this new approach asks us to do the best we can, even if we can do is to set aside a can or two each week...
"This new program is within everyone's grasp. The first step is to begin. The second is to continue. It doesn't matter how fast we get there so much as that we begin and continue according to our abilities." (Bishop Burton)
See? You are doing great! (and much better than I am)
Great post! Yours are always entertaining. Let me just say how envious I am that you can sleep on your stomach. Please be extremely and extra grateful for that one.
Post a Comment