I have gone back and forth about posting this... embarrassing and disgusting all thrown into one. Five minutes ago I realized that this post was happening, whether I liked it or not. People, this is what my life is now. No glitz and glamour to being a mom.
The other day, Boston was sitting on my lap as I was getting him dressed. He said, "Mommy, I got my nose!" (The natural thing to do is to grab that persons nose and pretend you have it, right?!?). So I said, "No, I have your nose!!!" and put my mouth around his nose to pretend to eat it. When I pulled my mouth off, I tasted the NASTIEST, most ENORMOUS booger -- I can't make this stuff up people. I started screaming "SIIIIIIICCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!", Boston started laughing and said, "Mommy, you got my booger?" OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does this EVER happen to anyone else?!? I was absolutely DYING and Boston was just cracking up, repeating, "Mommy, you got my booger!!" (Note to self: Never play this stupid, stupid game again).
I told that story to Joe a little later and he's was laughing just as hard as Boston. I didn't find it that funny, but whatever. I told him that I would have rather had Boston throw up in my mouth than taste his salty booger. Really. I've -- unfortunately -- had spit up in my mouth before and trust me, the booger is worse.
Today, Boston and I were making scary ghost noises to each other (because that's a totally normal thing to do mid-March) and he would jump about a foot away and I would catch him. After one catch, I had caught him at his hips and put him over my head. He was laughing and making more ghost noises and I was going, "AHHHH!!" You can only guess what happened next.... throw up IN THE MOUTH. Can I just die? I threw him back on his feet and, luckily had wipes next to me, quickly wiped him up before he spit it all out on the carpet (he had been drinking red crystal light and it totally would have stained our carpet). I, of course, have to save wiping everything off my shirt and out of my mouth until AFTER I have cleaned him up. I almost threw up myself. I'm dying at the disgusting thought of this actually happening... ugh... (Note to self: Never play this stupid, stupid game again). (PS - spit up and throw up are entirely different).
So I come to you asking two things:
~What is worse? If you had to choose between these two AWFUL scenarios, which would you choose???????? Because after having both happen to me, I seriously cannot decide what is worse.........
~Do things like this happen to ANYONE else out there??? Please tell me that I am not alone in this.
PLEASE post your comments, let me know! Personal stories, notes of sympathy, even evil laughter at my horrible luck is appreciated (well, the laughing at my luck isn't really enjoyed, but rather understood). I know all you moms out there have at least one story that you've been too embarrassed and disgusted to tell. Now is the time! Free yourself of that gross story and let us all laugh at these 'confessions of motherhood.' All of you 'anonymous' readers out there, this means you too. Post a comment anonymously if you must. It is not okay to read this post and not comment on it. I simply cannot allow it :)
Monday, March 16, 2009
confessions of motherhood
Posted by
ashley marie
at
11:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Ash - all that I've had so far is spit up in the mouth multiple times - not as bad as I imagine throw up or a booger would be. You're a trooper of a mom!
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahha!!!!!!!! Best post ever!! I have had runny snot in my mouth from playing that same game cause he blew out when i put my mouth over it..yuck..i've had spit up, but no throw up, i would die! literally. ew. I HATE throw up!!!! And i of course understand that you have to clean up THEM before you clean up you!!! tales of motherhood....
Okay I really really think that you trump everyone. Seriously. that is disgusting. I am not laughing, I am gagging FOR you. EWEWEEWEEWEWEWEW. You are a saint of a mother, truly.
Well, Ashley, I can say that after 8 kids I've never had any of those things in my mouth.....
That's probably because I don't play those kinds of games with them. Maybe I'm a bad mom for not playing like that with my kids more, but your story is making me think I'm wise not to....haha!!
Oh my, Ashley! I could not stop laughing when I read this post, and I made Peter get up from the couch and come all the way over to the computer to read this. He, then, proceeded to laugh out loud as well. First of all, thanks for sharing these amazing stories so that we could have some entertainment for the night. Second of all, neither one of us has yet to experience boogies, spit up, or throw up in the mouth. However, when Leah was a newborn Peter was changing her diaper and I was in the other room. I heard him scream for me to hurry and come (I'm thinking something terribly wrong has happened to our newborn child), and so I come running to find Leah, the changing table, Peter and most of the wall covered in slimy newborn poo. I almost pooed myself from laughing so hard!
oh man. i would say the booger. but that is because its small and easy to remove. throw up tastes linger and are messier and.... oh this is so gross to think about. as for my own gross stories... umm what about whenever we run out of wipes we wash owen's poopy butt off in the tub and i use my hand to wipe all the poop off. oh and owen has actually spit in my mouth a couple times, accidently, and i was so disgusted i got mad. haha pretty stupid to get mad about that, I don't know what i'd do if i got a booger or throw up in my mouth. i think i'd die.
I almost threw up just reading that. Boogers and nose picking make me dry heave - seriously. I would have to choose throw up.
Haha oh my gosh Ash! So funny, yet so awful! I don't have any terrible stories of motherhood because I am not a mother... but I do have some pretty awful stories from nursing! I think those might beat yours...
I am never having children....
Wow...that is really gross. Neither of these things have happened to me...yet! But I will avoid playing both of those games in the future. Thanks for letting me learn from your experience.
Post a Comment