Monday, July 28, 2008

Nags Head - day 2

I was talking to my friend Rachel today and realized that I had uploaded all of these pictures but hadn't posted them yet because I hadn't commented on them. Oops. Hope no one was dying to see these :) Pregnancy has eaten all of my brain cells...

Every year that we go to Nags Head, we go with family from my mom's side. This is my mom's mom sitting with my cousin Dylan and the goober on the right belongs to me. Early morning pacifier party!




Found another sucker. I think that was actually a blow pop so the gum was an extra little bonus for him. My youngest brother, Matthew, is in the background.




That white tank is wet and it's becoming borderline inappropriate... haha not really




Man, I love that little nose of his! What a cutie.




Burying his sucker stick in the sand. Shhh... don't tell anyone.




Building a sand castle with PaGa. Actually, my dad would build towers and Boston would smack them flat.




Learning how to make dribble castles with PaGa and Dustin.




I FINALLY caught a crab. Those little suckers are darn quick! I was so excited that I woke Boston up from his nap to show him. Now that's true excitement!! He was quite amused.




Surprisingly, he wanted to hold the cup. No fear!




Hands on the knees, patiently waiting for a wave.




He jumped a little too early!




Just running and loving every second.




After one of his many jumps.




"Yook, a bird!"




Oh, look at that, another sucker.




A sticky tummy after he ate his sucker.




I think he was sad his sucker was gone.




Once the waves came back he was fine.




Marching back up to our chairs. Arms swinging and all!




After dinner, we all went down to play volleyball. I had to sit out and watch my little punk. So I took pictures of the team I would had been on. This is my sister, Brittany, looking beautiful.




My cousin Michael giving me one heck of a crazy look.




Oh, Joe wants to be weird too.




Wait, so does Dustin. I guess no one was being too serious here.




Oh wait, Boston was taking it seriously. He dove for a ball and got a face full of sand. Actually, I can't remember how that all got on his face... all I know is I wanted a picture. I said smile and this is all I got.




"Mom, really I've had enough!"




"Boston, just one more! SMILE!!" Oops, I think I pushed my luck. You like my death grip on his arm?




This picture makes me laugh! I wish I could think of a funny title for it but I'm at a loss right now.




Digging for treasure? Who really knows. Maybe he was watching his dad play volleyball.




No, I think he was digging for treasure because he found something. Maybe it's someone's old sucker stick!




Probably just some nasty piece of random trash.




"Hey Boston, look!!" SNAP!! "Haha! I got one!"




The other crab that I caught that night. Holy cow, this was a big momma!




"I'm not so sure of that one, mom."




Oh gosh, it started to freak me out when that momma attempted an escape. Clearly, Boston was a little disturbed by it too. Actually, that might be because I started screaming...




Releasing it back into 'the wild.'




So that concludes Day 2 in North Carolina. What an exciting day! Boston really started to enjoy the water, waves, and sand which made it a lot more fun for me and Joe. It was so fun to watch him just laugh and laugh after he would run and jump into the waves! Day 3 coming sometime soon!!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

What a fun trip! Probably the last one before you have the bambina. I wanted to see more pictures of the prego though! How are you holding up? Yep, about seven weeks left and I can't wait. Do you guys have a name picked out yet?

jes said...

so i'm glad that you like posting 2385298 pictures complete with captions and all! boston is adorable!!

Nicole said...

Okay, I must say, what cracked me up about those pictures of Boston is that you left the sand on his face the whole time! He didn't even look like he cared. :) What a cutie. And what an AWESOME trip. I am so jealous of beach adventures...I want some of my own.
Love all the pics. And Miss cute prego lady, where are pics of YOU?! Let's see em!!!