Thursday, July 24, 2008

Nags Head - day 1

Well, we had a horrible accident... Boston deleted all the pictures on my memory card. I told you, HORRIBLE. Luckily, I had already uploaded everything onto my computer so it's not a huge loss, but I had cropped some pictures and changed some stuff around so I no longer have those originals. Worst of all, my computer isn't letting me burn the pics to a CD so I think I'm going to have to pay Costco to make CD's for me. It's an all around hassle.
TIP: If you think giving your child your camera and teaching them how to take a picture will possibly encourage them to look at the camera and smile when your taking a picture of them.... THINK AGAIN!!

Moving on.

I decided to break this beach vacation into days. So this is Day 1, which was June 30th. This is the easiest day to post about because we didn't take too many pictures!!



Packing Saturday night. He kept climbing in so I zipped him up!




VERY into his movie. Do not disturb his concentration :)




Thumbs up for the beach!!




Trying out the skimmer after watching Dustin and Tyler.




Very unhappy... he tried climbing up a ledge of sand and it crumbled beneath him. I thought it was quite funny, told him not to touch his face, and grabbed my camera. Not winning mother of the year anytime soon...




After dinner we would go back down to the beach and walk around. For some reason I got him dressed thinking he would stay away from the water. Silly me.




Man, aren't we looking good? Please don't lie and say yes.




This was taken actually right as we got out to the beach. He listened to my request to stay away from the water for about 5 minutes. You all know the end result.




Jumping over waves with dad. By the end of the week he no longer had any fear and jumped over them by himself.




Still trying to figure this beach thing out. Good thing his dad's there to teach him. He clearly was a little freaked out, look at his little arm making sure dad doesn't let go!




Our little baby boy a week before he turns 2. How fast they grow up!!




Random pic to make this blog not entirely about Boston.



The first day is normally a blur. Actually, the whole vacation goes by so quickly that we always wish we were there for 2 weeks instead of just 1 week. Day 1 was so nice, not only because it had been raining for about 2 weeks straight in Ohio, but it was so fun to be back all together as a family (Joe was out of town for the 2 previous weeks -- including weekend) and watching Boston experience the beach again. Last year, all he wanted to do was eat sand. Thankfully he had moved passed that phase -- this year all he wanted to do was eat suckers and jump over waves. Alright, day 2 coming soon!

6 comments:

Chelsey said...

Cute family!!

Unknown said...

i really like that dress you were wearing. and you look truly pretty. i mean. i'm not lying. nag's head, huh... sounds like men would not like the sound of this place, but it is surprisingly pretty from the pics! boston is so darn cute, what did ya'll do for his birthday? a huge shablam?

Unknown said...

ps i can't wait till you change your blog title to 'joe, ash, the bos man, and lil' lady'.... or something like that

Unknown said...

WHOA! 60 days to go!?!??!

Troy and Brittany said...

Oh, I adore that picture of Boston zipped up in the bag. I wonder if that works on all kids....

Will Tipton said...

Dude, I love the picture of Boston looking at Joe as Boston learns the "Thumbs Up!". What a classic. I miss you Joe. XOXOXO