Okay, well sorry my posts have been so lame as of late. We've been busy so here is a small sample of what we did. It seems like all of my fellow blog friends went to their state fair or local fair, whatever. Guess what? So did I!!! This is the first time I have ever been to any sort of county/state fair and actually known where I was (my mom said she took me to the Ohio State Fair like 20 years ago). We, Boston and I, went with my Grandma and Grandpa McFerson, uncle Pat, and cousins Kirsten, and Kylie. So it was really fun and I had my first elephant ears! Well, it was actually elephant toes and they were SO GOOD! Much better with the little dip they give you which is like cream cheesy frosting. YUM! Good call Grandma! Also, my Uncle Pat bought some lemonade drink thing and those were way good too. Boston was a huge fan too! It's so funny to see him drinking from a straw :)This is Kirsten, Boston, and some rear end of a milking cow. Sorry for the angle.
They claimed to have a petting zoo type thing, but this calf was the only animal you could pet. But it sure liked Boston! They had a little stare contest.
The contest continues. Boston lost... interest.
Now for the best part!!!
An awesome picture. Actually, this alpaca had a pretty cool hairdo.
I was worried that the alpaca would bite Boston, but the owner said that it wouldn't hurt if it tried because they don't have any top teeth, just bottom. Very cool, but I didn't want Boston to test that new information out.
Okay the owner lady was telling me more about alpacas than I cared to know, but I pretended I did and apparently Kirsten took the picture while I was doing it. Do I look interested? :)
Trying to get a good shot here... Boston was more into this jumbo leash than the living animal in front of him.
There were so many kids around us that it was hard to get a shot of just Boston and me both looking. So finally I was telling our personal photographer, Kirsten, to just take it anyway. This momma alpaca started to go for Bos's face and then mine. It really was like breathing in my ear in this shot and it looks like it ate Boston's head (but it has no top teeth, so it apparently wouldn't hurt).
Here is Grandma putting Boston into his *new* Halloween costume. She got it at Once Upon a Child and it is a little too small, haha. He really really didn't like it. And he really didn't like Grandma for a while, even after I took it off.
This is Boston the Bumble Bee of Deseret!!
Screaming at Grandma. You think he's reaching for her to pick him up, but he ran away when she tried. I'm behind the camera laughing.
"Please take this off!!"
Okay and I named this post Jeff hearts alpacas because my father-in-law does, in fact, love alpacas. Just ask him, he'll profess his love.
I was watching some morning show about a year ago and they had alpacas on and the owner, Jim Bob or something, was saying that they were just the best pet ever. Very kid friendly, you can show them at fairs and stuff, fun-loving animals (I could have just made that up -- but you get the idea). I went online to the website he was promoting and signed Jeff Holloway up for the alpaca newsletters/info kit. I thought, well Jeff has sheep and has talked about getting other animals, and so maybe he should get some alpacas. Jim Bob had clearly sold me on this animal. Anyway, Jeff now receives more mail about alpacas than I thought humanly possible. How do you get off that mailing list? He doesn't know and so as retaliation he gave them my email address and now I get emails all the time about upcoming alpaca events and breeding information. Funny and annoying all rolled into one package... alpacas.



2 comments:
First-I appreciated you using the saying "couldn't care less" appropriately. I think we had a talk about that one time at work.
Second-I loved your story about the alpaca emails-haha.
Third-You look super cute in all of your pictures and so does Boston. He is gonna be a heartthrob!
hahahaha oh my gosh!! i feel like an idiot sitting here in school and laughing because those bumblebee pictures of him screaming and crying are super funny!! and i love the alpaca stuff!! lol
Post a Comment