Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'M ALIVE!

Well, we successfully packed up everything within about 24 hours, much to our surprise. But our 16' moving van was too small. I swear it wasn't 16 feet. Yeah right we have that much stuff, but ya know... so Joe and I were getting frustrated with eachother because he was like, "There's not room, throw that all away." "I'm not throwing this away, then we'll have to buy it all back. What a waste of money." "Oh well, we don't have space." "Just put it somewhere." "Where would you like me to put it?" hahaha, this doesn't sound like it's going to end well.... :) He made space somehow and got more in that he thought he would. But man, I threw away so much food and I was not happy about it. In Joe's defense though, the back of the truck was to capacity, our Mazda was packed full, and so was the cabin of the truck. I drove from Illinois to Ohio with the vaccuum handle in my ear and boxes stacked to the ceiling (and every bump they moved closer to falling on my head). So yes, I made it and I'm alive. Now we just need to get Joe out here and we'll be set for a while! (He comes out on the 24th of this month)

Today I sat outside with my aunt and mom and did a little crafty craft -- sounds lame but man they turned out way cute!! I'll put a picture up next post. Oh, and I haven't forgotten about the patio contest. I'm waiting for my old property manager to send me an email with pictures for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Maybe I'm in there.... maybe I'm not! Okay well yes I did make the cut, I wouldn't bother telling anyone about it if I didn't. Anyway, I need to save that post for a time when I can give it some effort. My mom and I have been trying to unpack the basement (where I'll be living) and I've totally slacked off at this posting stuff. I mean, really bad and I'm sorry for all of you who depend on my blog for your entertainment -- if there are any of you out there :) Really, there are things I need to post about so I'll set aside time to do it. K bye!

No comments: