I was watching the news just now while I was folding clothes and saw the story about the boy in a flyaway hot air balloon. Since it is 11:00pm, the whole story of him hiding in the attic was out and so the news was showing the interviews with the parents. Imagine my surprise when I actually RECOGNIZED the family, more specifically, Mayumi, the wife. Very, very strange realization....
Over the summer when there is nothing to watch during tv's "off season," I recorded a lot of wife swap so that I would have something mildly entertaining to watch while ironing and, strangely enough, folding clothes. Long story short, the Heene family was on wife swap. I remembered that the mom would wake the kids up with a bull horn yelling, "Storm approaching! Storm approaching!" Then they would all jump in the car (WITH the kids) and videotape tornadoes. Very weird, very dangerous, and a very entertaining wife swap. Am I just that good at remembering faces? Even the one's that I see on tv?? I don't really think so. I didn't recognize her face. I remembered the giant mole she had on her upper lip -- so high up, however, that it looked like it was coming out of her nose and I remember thinking, "What an awful spot to have a mole..."
So there's a little peak into my brain. I think things like that when I'm watching tv and get so distracted I forget to listen. This story is reminding me of Austin Powers and his whole "MOLE!!" experience with The Wonder Years guy. I think it's kind of funny that this lady's mole came back to haunt me. Well, maybe not haunt me, but it definitely was weird that it made another appearance in my life. You could say it just popped up to say hello.... haha and enough of that movie.
In other random things, Boston has been pretending he is a dog. On Sunday when he started "ruffing" I just kinda shook my head because he's done this before. On Monday he took off his pants and underwear at my parent's house so he could go to the bathroom and then proceeded to walk on all fours to the bathroom. Unfortunately, my dad was standing behind Boston when he did that... On Tuesday when he was barking I told my friend about him being a dog and she said that it was good that he was doing 'pretend play.' So I told myself to not to be so annoyed by it because it was normal. On Wednesday he insisted on getting his shoes with his mouth, "because dogs don't have hands. Dogs use their mouth." And when I said "I love you" to him as I was kissing him goodnight, he barked back, "ruff ruuuuffff." I think that loosely translates to "I love you, too." On Thursday Boston woke me up by licking my mouth, "because that's a dog kiss." The strangest way I have been woken up. Ever. Throughout the day he walked on all fours to the elevator at the gym, actually howled at me when I stepped out of the car to talk to someone, licked something off the floor, and insisted on barking and ruffing everything he wanted to 'say.' He decided to pretend he was a cat around 3pm, so I told him he needed to take a cat nap. I actually laughed out loud at my stupid, yet oh so punny, joke. Whatever gets you through the day, right? Two hours later (and no nap) he was a dog again, still talking to me in his little dog language that I still don't have mastered (you think I'd be better at deciphering his barks since he's been at this since Sunday). When we called Joe tonight (who has been out of town all week), Boston barked at him for about 3 minutes. Who knows what is in store for me tomorrow when this dog of mine wakes up. Boston truly has transformed from just pretending to be a dog here and there to actually acting more like a dog than human. I decided it stopped being 'cute' and 'funny' when I ask him to do something and he just barks back at me, I tell him to do it again and he starts crying saying, "dogs don't do that," or whatever he says. I think once Joe comes home and I get a break from only having a dog to talk to it might be somewhat cute again. I guess we'll see!!
Reese on the other hand had her one year well-check today and things looked great. She is just above average for weight and just below average for height. I think her head was somewhere around the 25% growth curve, which is completely surprising since Boston was 90% or higher FOREVER. The poor girl had to have a hemoglobin check (prick and squeeze the blood out test), a shot in the arm, and then two in the thigh. She is constantly doing things that catch me off guard because I don't feel like she's old enough yet to do them. Like after her last shot (I was holding her on my lap) she turned around and reached out for me with big fat teardrops in her eyes. I guess to me I still see her as a little baby... like 4-6 months old. I seriously still don't know where the time went with her. It makes me quite sad :( Not that this needs to be said since it is pretty obvious, but she was screaming her lungs out during her immunizations. If you have had the luck of being around this tiny girl you would know that her happy screams are ear piercing (she has a pterodactyl scream for all all her many moods). If only you could imagine her scream of pain. It seriously took it too a whole new level of loud. I had the baby you could hear through rooms and down all the halls. I actually think the ophthalmology office next door could hear her... It's hard to see them hurt, but it is definitely harder when they look at you like, "Why in the world are you letting this happen?!"
Alright it's so incredibly, totally late right now so I'm just throwing in 2 random pictures and calling it quits. Here's Reese at the mall playground (taken from my phone). The one of Boston is back from September (I haven't uploaded pics in a while) when I took the kids to the temple for a YW activity I was in charge of. Silly old me forgot to check the dates of the temple cleaning and once we got there we realized it was locked. So much for taking pictures on the actual temple grounds. Boston was not too happy about not being able to go to the temple and so he wouldn't let me take a picture of him. The last one is just of Joe picking the kids up before the YW got there. The sight of seeing Boston in his little suit walking next to his dad was just too cute!!
Being up this late has it's perks. Aside from being able to clean up and having it STAY clean, I caught the interview on Jimmy Kimmel with Kristin Cavallari. I was actually laughing out loud, no joke. Although I was not rolling on the floor laughing my butt off. Anyway, acronyms aside the interview was pretty funny. If you watch The Hills you should check out abc.go.com and see if you can find the interview with her. I totally want her hair... and makeup... and body... just FYI :)






2 comments:
Oh little doggy - I wish he could come play at my house. And the picture of Reese with a jean jacket on?! She looks way too old (but adorable). Loved talking with you today :)!
Ashley you are so funny! I love reading your blog!
Post a Comment