Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Reesie turns ONE

I HAVE FINALLY POSTED THE PICTURES!! I get on blogger to post pictures and then I get distracted editing them... before I know it, an hour has gone by and I haven't posted anything. That's why my pictures never get posted, FYI. It got to the point that I decided unedited ones are making the cut tonight.

So for Reese's first birthday I decided to actually throw a big ole bash. I have yet to have a birthday party for Boston because we are always at the beach and I've been to lazy to do one. I wanted to get all of our family and some friends together, and what better reason than for a birthday! It was a lot of fun and it was so nice to spend time together with everyone -- so fun we'll do it again next year :)

I made Reese a tutu for her party, but never ended up putting it on her for the actual party. Before we left to go set everything up at my parent's house I wanted to take some pictures of her wearing it, even though she was already wearing a dress.





So adorable, these two :) Ignore Joe's creepy 'eye's open kiss' pose. Seriously creepy.



The dessert table spread.


QUITE angry I wouldn't give her the cupcake.


Look at her sad little eyes :(  She finally got her way

She was eating up all the attention she was getting while we were singing "Happy Birthday!"


Digging in. She makes this little 'ooh' face all the time!

Not sure what to think...



This picture is so incredibly cute, I just can't stand it!!!!


Her very first doll. Yay, finally a girl toy in the house!


This was after the cupcake and all her presents (which were all so great). It looks like she's trying to take in all that just happened!


Bathroom break or s'more? I'd choose s'mores too!!




These were my dad's fire buddies.



Birthday girl, "Gma" and "The Great One."

Thumbs up for parties!


Emi (in her last trimester!) taking some of the kids on a requested Bear Hunt to find sticks. Not bears.


Poking the doll's eyes out already...


Even Boston got a present! He's showing me his dinosaur face.


Post-party bottle


Teaching Reese how to show everyone how old she is! Can you believe it's already been a year, cause we sure can't!!


Wow... if you've made it to the end of this post, you must be family (or just really love me!) because that was a ridiculous overload of pictures!! I seriously can't believe her first year of life has already come and gone. We just can't imagine our family without her, she makes it complete! HAPPY BIRTHDAY REESIE!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

yup, i just love you! Reese is so big! What happened??? Besides her overall uber cuteness, her hair with natural RINGLETTS?!?!??! i mean, c'mon.... that's not even fair. ah i miss you guys.... the whole moving to st. louis thing is looking more and more promising.... (i'll let you know when the decision is made)

btw, was the party thrown at your house? it is freakin HUGE!! with the fire pit and enormous back yard.... you guys are becoming high-rollers, and i may feel intimidated the next time i see ya'll.

Troy and Brittany said...

Wow! Reese is a doll! Good thing she got a doll...I'm a dork. Happy Birthday! So cute.

Tiffany said...

man! can you throw me a party like this? as it turns out, nikkis DOES have a blog. she barely ever writes on it though. here is is
http://joeryanfishjr.blogspot.com/

acutely cherished said...

Love all the pictures! The one of Piper with handfuls of candy is too funny! And Reese is so cute with her cupcake!!

The Long Family said...

How freaking cute is she? Honestly, I can't stand it!! Hope you guys are doing good!!!

Sarah H said...

Wow she is so beautiful! She has so much hair! How fun. Audrey's got a medium amount. And I love the dessert table spread.

Chelsey said...

I want to eat one of those cupcakes! Happy Birthday Reese!! Your family is so cute!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I love that child! She gets cuter and cuter, I can't even stand it!! That party looks so fun, I wish we could've been there!! I love your family!!