After Reese had finished her bottle, I picked her up out of bed. She let out like the biggest baby burp ever. I started laughing and then she puked all over my neck and chest. Nothing says good morning like that!
I asked the doctor about her throwing up (it's normally just tiny bit... not today!) after she drinks her bottle since she's on whole milk now. He said that she is probably just drinking her bottle too fast because if it was an allergy it would happen every time she drink milk. I don't know if I like that diagnoses. Drinking too fast? It just sounds weird.
I need to be doing about 4 different other things right now, but I felt bad that I haven't updated my blog recently. One of those things being paying all of Reese's medical bills off from getting ear tubes. Which reminds me that she woke up on Wednesday with her ear draining -- telltale sign of an ear infection. Sadly, I could smell something was up before I could see it. It makes sense though, because she had been waking up once or twice a night screaming bloody murder. If she didn't have tubes I would have thought she had an ear infection, but since she does have tubes I had to wait for the drainage to happen. Actually, if the drops didn't cost us over a 100 bucks (for a bottle smaller than my thumb), I probably would have given the drops to her early. Poor thing.
So this is all happening on Wednesday. EARLY that morning, Boston had coming into our room screaming that his throat hurt. Since we all have varying degrees of a runny nose, I figured that was the culprit of his sore throat. A half hour later he came screaming even more hardcore about his ear and wouldn't calm down. The little guy is only 3 and 'ear' sounds like 3 other words and so you take that into consideration, along with him crying/screaming, and finally that it was around 4:30am -- I had no idea what he was complaining about. It is so frustrating trying to figure out what hurts when you are so tired you can't even open your eyes. So he's got an ear infection as well. Poor thing #2.
And since we are moving in chronological order (note the sarcasm, please)... Reese woke up from her nap with her other ear draining. Double poor thing.
The ear drops say 4 drops in the ear twice a day. Judging by the size of the bottle and the amount of infection in our house, I would say that an expensive refill is coming our way. I think that there is something wrong in the world when the medical bills for a surgery meant to reduce or eliminate ear infections is due at the same time I am needing to refill a prescription to cure ear infections... don't you?
*** sad story time over ***
What we have been busy with:
~ Boston is in school (a mother taught/run one, not an actual preschool)
~ trips to a pumpkin patch, zoo, library, and playgrounds
~ started working out early with Joe
~ throwing a masquerade party with my good friend, Amy
~ planning YW in Excellence
~ cooking, cleaning, and keeping kids alive
~ trying to make decisions on Joe's next career move
~ having friends over to make caramel apples and popcorn balls
~ missing dad because of late (10-11pm) nights or out of town interviews for jobs
I'm sure that I've missed some things, but that's really the gist of what's been going on with us. The thing I am most grateful for at this time is that Boston and I have really been getting along. Joe laughed when I told him that last night because I'm talking about getting along with a 3 year old, but I think you mom's out there would understand. I have really been trying to be more patient with him, which is difficult to do when he is so stubborn and wants to be in control, but so far it has really benefited both of us. I'm realizing now that it is a lot easier to be patient with a little boy that will talk to you than with a dog/cat/tiger/lion that will only bark/meow/growl at you. Thank goodness for communication and for Boston starting to use English again!!
Friday, October 30, 2009
just a quick update
LOOK OUT HALLOWEEN, HERE WE COME!!
Reese the butterfly
Boston and his Ironman muscles (don't you love his costume, Becky?!?)
Posted by
ashley marie
at
11:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
LOVE the costumes:) and those are really sad stories! ear infections are the worst.... we haven't had any since the tubes were put in... crossing my fingers. i also have like 3 bottles of those antibiotic drops... i had no idea that they cost $100 a piece! hope everyone gets better soon...
oh and i too think it sounds weird that the diagnosis was drinking too fast. i'd get a second opinion, especially if it happens again!
you sound incredibly busy! good luck with everything and hope your halloween party goes as planned!
Oh my gosh, those poor babies. The ear drops should be free of charge once you've paid for tubes.
I TOTALLY understand how "getting along" with Boston makes a difference in your life. I feel like that's the make or break for my day: whether or not Darek and I get along.
Post a Comment