Sunday, September 13, 2009

for real

Someone asked me today at church if I was pregnant. "Not because you look pregnant, but because your skin looks great and like glowing. Plus, your hair looks great, too."

Thank you. Here is your award for worst backpedaling. You may not get out of that hole you just dug for yourself.

7 comments:

The Evers said...

Seriously dont feel bad! I had someone come up to me at church and ask me when I was expecting? Nice! I totally understand, makes you feel awful good huh?!?

Rachel said...

Nooooooooooo! (I know you don't like the extra letters, but it's necessary here). That is a nightmare come true.
Last week when I took Grace to a student luncheon at BYU-I, a lady and I started chatting and she asked me if I had a student there (meaning was I a student's MOTHER). When I said I was there with my sister she didn't even try to back pedal. So welcome me to my forties.

Marie Hatch Chambers said...

It's happened to me twice. Once was very public, in front of a group. The other time the lady then started telling me about the Adkins diet. I would much rather be the last to know than to ask.

Unknown said...

you should have poked her in the eyes with your two fingers, before she got a word in edgewise.

The Hawkins said...

I feel ya. I had 5 people in 2 weeks ask me. I figured it was time for the diet when Braxton said my stomach feels like play doh. The joys of the mommy body.

Unknown said...

WHEN will you post pictures of Reese's 1st bday party?

Miller Family said...

Someone asked me a few months ago at a wedding. I was like "no but I just had a baby...10 months ago" :( Why oh why do people ask? I NEVER say anything unless it is 100% confirmed.