Well it's official....
BOSTON IS POTTY TRAINED!!
Sound the horns, play the trumpets -- or however that saying goes -- I couldn't be more excited. What's even more crazy is that I taught someone how to use a toilet. I still can't get over that. Only problem is that he isn't a big fan of going number 2 on the pot, so he holds it forever; which, of course, leads to other issues. Any tips or tricks? I'm willing to listen. What's working right now, however, is some miralax and the promise that if he goes poop 7 times he gets a GeoTracks toy. Unfortunately, he thinks that each piece he goes gets him the toy. We have this debate every day. It's really quite old already. This was today's discussion:
B: I want a team GeoTracks mom.
M: You have to go poop 5 more times to get it, Boston.
B: Okay, I need to go poop (p.s. we are in the car).
M: Well once we get home we'll go. And if you go, you only need to go poop 4 more times till you get your toy.
B: Mommy, do I need to go 5 or 2?
M: 5 more times. Not pieces, times.
B: Oh yeah, 5. Mom, is it 5 or 2?
M: 5 more times.
B: Ya, 5. Mom, say 2.
M: Nice try, Boston. I will not say that. You need to go 5 more times.
Little trickster! Almost got me there :)
In other news, Joe is OFFICIALLY a licensed CPA!! Let's give him a little hip hip hooray, shall we? So here he is studying for the last part (Regulation) and Boston insisted on studying with him. He decided to read, "If you're happy and you know it!" Great choice :) Reese decided to try and decipher real words and forgo all pictures with color. She didn't last too long!
Through Joe's work we were able to get cheap tickets to go see the circus. We used this as the incentive for Boston to quit all pacifier usage. I gave him the choice between going to the circus or using his pacifier, hoping he would choose the circus since we were going anyway, and he did. Although once I took it he started screaming and crying saying he didn't want to go to the circus and he wanted his pacifier back. I had to tell him he already made his decision... how mean, right? Sadly, the day of the circus I couldn't get him to take a nap (fighting nap time was the reason I chose to finally get rid of his pacifiers -- they weren't helping anymore), so he was his pleasant, happy self for about an hour. Oh well. At least we tried!
You were allowed to come early and meet some of the clowns and animals and stuff. So he tried out the motorcycle, put on a dress-up outfit thing, wore his clown nose for 5 seconds, and watched some clown routine (which he loved).
Yes, so incredibly awesome looking on me.
The clowns called for volunteers to stand in a line so they could juggle around them and about 40 kids ran up there. Being the mom that I am, I pushed Boston up to go and he stood there so politely, hands behind his back and everything, listening to every word these guys said. I wonder if he'd do that for me if I did my makeup like that!
Oh yes we did.
So Boston was into the actual 'show' for about 3 acts and then requested that we go home. Joe wanted to leave, he was being so ridiculous, and I demanded that we stayed because not only had we paid to go, but I wanted to see the rest of it! haha -5 points for being a selfish mom!! But I think that Joe enjoyed staying because it really was a fun show to watch. The motorcycles in the cage ball thing and on the tightrope, as well as the finale, had Boston entertained again, but the acts that interested an almost 3 year old were pretty few and far between.
See, we had fun! Joe's face says it all... it definitely was a mixed bag of fun - the show - and obnoxious - Boston's attitude. Will we do it again? Not until Boston can enjoy clown humor, ie: the 5 minute breaks in between each act. So maybe in another 2 years :)

















4 comments:
So fun! I haven't been to a circus since I was ten! I am going to have to check it out! Glad you guys are having fun!
ok so pretty much you've surpassed me by miles in fashion. gosh darnit. i like that hat you were wearing.... did you make it? and by make it I mean sew the flower on? how the heck can i buy any of your things? you are just plumb talented.
also i LOVE the picture of boston, joe and reese all on the bed reading together... so cute! don't you just love your family? I sure do...
we *might* (and I mean MIGHT) be moving to St. Louis after Bruno's graduation.... if that is the case, we'd be within driving distance (of less than a day)! wouldn't that be fun?
You look Great Ash.. and no, you do not look pregnant! Hope things are going well for you and your family!!
I was just looking at your potty problems and then saw the conversation between you and your son. All I saw was
B
M
B
M
B
M
Before I read it I thought you had made some poem relating to your kid having bowl movements on the toilet.
Post a Comment