FYI: I am alive and at the moment everyone is well (I'm finally getting over this gross head cold). I got back from my trip to Utah and hit the ground running, hence the lack of posts. I had a lot to do when I got home in order to get my house back into some kind of order.
Back in January, my aunt really needed some help with her kids so we packed up and stayed at her house for 3 weeks. I'm really glad that my kids are young enough that I was able to go over there and give her the help she needed. We went over there about 3 days after we got back from Iowa for Christmas, and so we were out of our house for over a month. You know when you get back from vacation and the next day you feel like you have several things to do to get your house back in order and get back into your routine? That's one of the reasons I've been so busy... I feel like I've been playing catch up on my life and trying to regain control over our laundry and all the other chores that at really needed to get done. That was the only downfall to being there, although I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Oh, and throw that on the fact that Joe's been out of town every single week for over 2 months. I don't know how many people can relate to that, other than you Sarah! Luckily, he's home this week, then gone next week and back to stay for quite some time (of course that could always change...). Anyway, once I got back from Utah, I couldn't handle it anymore and really buckled down to get 'caught up.' So I finally am feeling back in control of my house. I'm gonna throw a party, who's coming?!? Actually, scratch that. I don't want to clean up after ya'll leave! :)
My favorite thing that happened while I was out were the nasty new residents... mice. Oh it was awful. Not only did I have to throw away food and clean up all their stupid little poops, but I was stupid enough to set some traps while Joe was out of town... needless to say, I was the one who had to clean up once they were caught. Ughhugugulugughuh, it was so sick nasty. Let's just say that one was stuck to the floor b/c the blood had dried. Oh, and both mice I caught decided to go out in typical CSI style -- I'm talking mini crime scene, aka blood spatter. Awful!!!!!!! I stopped setting traps until Joe came home, but I had caught the rest of them. Luckily, there were just three. Okay, enough time spent on that nasty stuff.
I also have been real busy b/c I have been trying to get the ball rolling on our little business... we started a LLC and last week I applied for a vendors license, so things are slowly coming together. I also have been gathering supplies and experimenting, which is so much fun. Anyway, I'm beating around the bush simply b/c I'm not going to tell you what I'm doing. Surprises are more fun (unless it involves mice!) and so you'll have to wait and see. It's not a new idea by any means, but it's totally fun b/c it's all handmade stuff. So if my posts are still infrequent, you now know why. Hopefully, I'll be better at posting pictures and stories because that's really why everyone tunes in anyway.
So I haven't posted any pictures from Thanksgiving or Christmas... maybe I'll get around to that one of these days, simply for remembrance sake. Alright, well my kids are waking up so I need to get going. It was so nice to be able to meet up with so many of you while I was in Utah! Thanks for making some time for me and Reese!!
Monday, March 2, 2009
hello again
Posted by
ashley marie
at
6:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You are amazing! I freak out when I have Lilli away from home for 7 days. Good luck with the new venture!
You could not have made the mice description anymore vivid - that is so disgusting. And yay for your new business! I love being a mom more than anything in the world, but having a little business on the side adds some excitement to life :)
Post a Comment