Okay well on Sunday we OFFICIALLY moved into our house. Actually, Joe and I officially moved in. Boston, on the other hand, still has dual residency at our house and my parents. Now before you think we are bad parents, I have been substituting every day this week and so Boston spends the night with my mom so she can babysit him while I'm at work -- I have him when I get back. I really need to get my hair done and I have to work to pay for that. Plus, school's gonna be out soon so I want to work before summer break starts. I actually subbed a kindergarten class today for the first time and I had some crazy little kids saying some funny things. I had a girl who always wanted to be holding my hand, a boy who I could have sworn was deaf (he just never wanted to listen), some boys with a Pokemon and Star Wars picture challenge, kids crying because they didn't want raisins for snacks (someone said, "My snack is absolutely disgusting"), and a girl who told me she was going to barf so I made her sit by the trash can (this apparently cured her of her nausea). It was a fun day although quite exhausting -- being pregnant doesn't help. Two funny stories: I told the class at the end of the day that I was pregnant, to which they screamed, "I KNEW IT!" Then I told them it was a girl and they gave me a round of applause and cheered... well the girls did and the boys booed, naturally. Finally, I had to break up Gay Fest '08 because these 2 boys were hugging all on each other and then started KISSING!! They didn't stop when I asked and therefore had to put my hand in between their mouths. Things like this only happen to me.
Last weekend was SUCH a great weekend to go yard sale-ing. There were 3 separate subdivisions having subdivision yard sales which totaled around 70 houses. I bought a dang nice crib mattress that is almost brand new for $15 -- I gave it to my mom to use in her crib until this baby comes. Once she's here I'm gonna put it in Boston's new car bed... he'll get kicked out of the crib... finally :( I can't believe that he is old enough to ever be in a real person bed. I bought some other things here and there, but I found an AWESOME yard sale that I went back to THREE times and was there for a total of around 2 hours. How ridiculous. This lady had 5 tables packed full of baby clothes, mainly girl stuff, stacked about 10 outfits high. I thought I had died and landed in baby heaven. AND she was selling it all for $1 an outfit -- I'm talking baby Gap, Polo, Children's Place, and Janie and Jack (this is TOTALLY cute stuff and it's expensive) just to name a few. I think everything I bought had a retail price of AT LEAST $15, many pieces were more expensive than that... by a lot!!! I'll need to take some pictures of it to show you just how awesome this yard sale was. The first trip I was by myself and I almost started crying (okay I'm prego) because there was SOOOO much stuff I wanted, but with a baby that hasn't even been born yet, I couldn't justify buying anything that wasn't 0-3 months. So I called my mom... what are grandmas for?? I told her she needed to get over there pronto, and she did, and I went back with her and we left with a GARBAGE bag full of clothes. No joke, a garbage bag, for $60. I got shoes, tights, socks, pants, skirts, jackets, dresses, tops.... I got a bag full of Avent bottles for $3, a pillow for nursing called My Breast Friend (Joe couldn't stop laughing at that) for $5, man I'm not gonna keep going. Oh, I picked up a jacket and 3 shirts for Boston along with a little magnetic board for Bos so he will be quiet at church (ya right) -- I had to get my little guy something :)
So we had a master attack of crappy things happen to us yesterday. Boston wasn't in a good mood because we wanted to unpack and he wanted to be outside (teaching him to stay off the street is going to be such a hard task). The washer pipes were jacked up and we had a major, major leak... the drywall was soggy and we have no idea exactly how much water went under the hardwood floors, but it was a good amount. We are praying the boards don't all warp. And since we haven't unpacked everything, I could only find dish rags to suck up a washer full amount of water. Also, the stupid carpenter ants that were supposed to be exterminated came back to life!! Well not really, but they're not all dead. I have to call them back to get their rear ends out here to fix this. Finally, we put our blinds up in the master bed and bath -- Joe said it was a sad day for our neighbors because they've been enjoying the show of him going to the bathroom and showering.
I'll take pictures of our house once I am done unpacking and maybe have some decorations up. Okay so that's really all that's been going on since last post. Peace out
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
life
Posted by
ashley marie
at
10:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
gross and funny about the gay show 08. what is the world coming to?!?!?!? man i miss yard sales.... downtown salt lake doesn't have ANY.
I'm so sorry about the leak! how awful... what happens if the wood floors are warped? replacement? i hope not.
Well I love your posts and I thought the "Breast Friend" thing was hilarious too.... haha is it kinda like a boppy?
bahahaha...my breast friend...thats hilarious!!
Post a Comment