Monday, June 15, 2009

this week

Today I woke up 2 hours before the kids did. How annoying. I got a head start on the laundry though, which is good because that's what I'll be doing ALL DAY (the drawback from not doing laundry for a week). When Boston finally woke up, I said, "Hey thanks for the heads up on sleeping in today." He didn't get it... I feel like it is a waste of an awesome sleep in. Oh well. I was awake to get the phone call from Children's today about Reese's surgery tomorrow. She's getting tubes at 8:40am, but I have to be there at 6:40am. Pretty sure that's awful -- what am I gonna do with her for 2 hours before surgery -- plus she's not allowed to eat anything after midnight -- so a crying infant for 2 hours? I know filling out paper work doesn't take that long. I wish doctor/dentist offices would allow you to fill out paper work online in advance. Then the things you need to be there in person to fill out, like a signature, you do once you get to the office. Seriously, it's a great idea.

Okay well Boston just turned off the surge protector and so I lost a good amount of typing. One time out later and he is now talking very softly in a high pitched baby voice -- this is why I never go on the computer anymore, let alone blog. Such is life! At least he keeps me laughing in between disobeying:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh that is no fun reese has to get tubes. i think they should let babies drink milk at least a few hours before surgery because it digests quickly and they can't handle several hours without food. with owen it wasn't too bad (he had his tubes put in at about 7:30 am and he was able to eat finally about 9). The paperwork didn't take that long for us, but we waited for about an hour in the room before surgery. yuck. i'm sorry ash! i wish you luck and patience.

K said...

Good luck with the tubes.