Tuesday, June 16, 2009

my little baby

Look at this cute girl; she has no idea what is about to happen.



We had to be at the hospital way early and then the doctor was an hour and a half late... not too fun with a very tired and very hungry little girl. To make matters worse, we (me and this other mom) overheard one of the nurses say the Dr. was going to be late -- so we said, "Oh, Dr. will be late?" She totally lied and said, "No, that's not what I said." Okay... apparently we both needed tubes in our ears too! Being late happens; I can't get too annoyed because I tend to run late (although 1hr 1/2 is pretty dang late), but don't lie to me. Your child gets to pick out a free toy while they are waiting, so since I waited so long Reese told me to go pick out some more free toys (we got some for Boston too). I figure my wait time and my future bill for the surgery will majorly outweigh the cost of those toys, so it's all good :)

So Reese got out of surgery, the Dr. said everything went really well, the nurses all commented on her "incredible set of lungs" (I could hear her waking up from the anesthesia 2 rooms away), and she has slept a good chunk of the day away. It is amazing how resilient little children are -- even with the bloody oozing coming out of her ears, she's incredibly happy. Let's hope that this is the only time little Miss Reese needs tubes.

And seriously, the little scrubs they give you are so incredibly cute and sad at the same time. They are just so tiny that your kid can't help but look adorable, but knowing that they are sick and need to have the scrubs on is quite depressing. Therefore, I took some pictures of my chunky monkey in her outfit that left me emotionally confused.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

ooooh i love her. those little scrubs ARE really cute... and sad-- I know what you mean. Can you imagine having a kid with a serious disease and them having to be at the hospital in little scrubs like that all the time? I don't know if I could handle it...
she looks really happy for being tired and hungry...did they give her some medicine that made her kinda slap-happy? They gave Owen something that the doctor said was similar to Lortabs for children.... he was unable to walk or hold up his head for very long, and was giggling uncontrollably. it was pretty funny.

K said...

I am glad everything turned out ok. Keep us posted on how she is doing.

jes said...

that is SUCH a cute pic... she almost looks like princess leah ;) haha. i'm sorry she had to get tubes...i hope YOU'RE doing ok from all the stress of that!

Nicole said...

Glad to hear things went well. I must say she is one dang cute kiddo. Those little scrubs are too cute, but I'm with ya on that one. How hard too. Hopefully this will be her only time there!!

Lance and Becky said...

She is sooo cute! Cute little scrubs! She's a doll, and I love love her cute hair!

Unknown said...

do u check ur email?

Linds and Thad said...

Sorry to hear about Reese. Kudos for sitting in a doctor's office for two hours with a hungry baby. Analyn would NEVER last that long in the morning without food. She's be a complete basket case. Hopefully the tubes work well and you don't have to worry about her ears again!