Thanks for everyone's well wishes!!
Well Joe went back to work on Monday and left me at home to fend for myself. I really had it good for the 2 weeks he was able to stay home -- thanks for taking care of everything Joe!! He even mopped the floor one day and made banana bread. I think he was secretly trying to show me up :) So back to Monday, I was used to waking up between 7-9am and then going back to sleep until Reese woke back up again. On Monday I thought I was going to pass out around 10am and contemplated using something to hold my eyelids open (although I decided it was pointless because my eyes would just roll into the back of my head and I'd fall asleep anyway). Thankfully, all three of us survived that day :)
The past 2 1/2 weeks have been full of adjustments, as parents with more than one kid already know. Reese slept through the night about 5 days ago (well for about 8 hours), but Boston decided to wake up screaming hysterically grabbing at his stomach. So he slept in our bed with us and he kicked me every 20-30 minutes for about 3 hours and then he woke up and started throwing up. Don't feel too bad for me and Joe though. He was barfing up all the caramel corn that we let him eat about an hour before he went to bed. That was a really smooth move on our part, let me tell you. So learning to adjust to alternating children crying has been quite the experience!
My friend from our ward has a photography business and she offered to do a little photo shoot for Reese. I picked up the pictures last night and I just love them! If it weren't so late I'd post some of them right now, so you'll just have to wait. I really should get some 'professional' pictures of Boston taken (we never had the money to do it when he was younger -- so stop thinking I love him less!).
Boston has acknowledged Reese and whenever he hears her cry he'll gasp and say, "Baby Reese!" and run to go find her and give her her pacifier. I think it's so cute that he always calls her 'baby Reese' and not just Reese, which by the way he has started talking in sentences. My parents watched him while I was in the hospital and when I got him back :) he had some sort of vocabulary explosion. It happened at the perfect time too because Joe had someone to talk to (since I was asleep for most of the first week) and keep him laughing. Joe really enjoyed being able to stay home for 2 weeks and just hang out with his family, although he takes the second part of the CPA test on Friday so he had to study a lot on his 'break.' He did get a chance to brush up on all of his Spanish, seeing as though he probably watched a hundred episodes of Dora and Diego with Boston. Joe needs to start tutoring Boston though because when you say goodbye, Boston now says, "Bye, see ya, gracias!" Hmmm....
That's really about it. I promise to post some more pictures soon. From all this sleep deprivation, I have developed pink eye and have some sort of cold. I truly am a sight for sore eyes! So once I get my health back on the right track I'll get the photos up!!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
back to life, back to reality
Posted by
ashley marie
at
12:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
haha, Boston is the MAN! Since the there's not much for me to do out here I check to see if you post anything new probably twice a day...haha, so I'm glad you finally did! haha. Well, I miss you all and I can't wait until Thanksgiving!!
I am sorry you are sick, but glad to hear the adjustment is slowly coming around. Sounds like you have got yourself a good baby-I will be crossing my fingers for that same luck! I just read your post, I am anxious already about adjusting to two, I may be emailing you for some help! I can't wait to see her pictures, she is darling!
Oh, you have given me so much to look forward to.. ;) haha! I am so nervous about having two kiddos, I hope I can manage! I can't wait to see the pictures!!
Ashley, Reese is soooo beautiful! That's the only thing I'm so afraid of when this next little one comes...can I do the whole sleep deprevation thing...oh, man! I have sympathy for ya! Yours will be over soon, and then mine will begin :)
Can't wait to see more pics! SHe is so cute. And good luck. Things will settle down soon. It really gets better and better!
yeah, well i JUST told my family on Monday, so don't feel too left out. I'm actually proud of myself for keeping it a secret for so long (I found out when I was like 3 weeks along which makes for an awfully long pregnancy). i'd be happy with a girl but I think it'll be a boy. just a premonition. oh man reese is so cute. she looks so different than boston. your description of that day when you wanted to glue your eyelids open kinda scares me. a lot. i am still wondering how everything is working out because it seems KINDA impossible by yourself. i mean, i know joe is there but when he is gone, does your mom help out a lot? the thought of boston talking is sentences makes me chuckle. so cute.
i got pink eye twice right after lilli was born.... what is up with that?? can't wait to see you guys! let me know if you need anything, even just an afternoon without boston.
Post a Comment