I'm 6 days away from being 100 days away from my due date. I will be quite happy when I go into double digits! Hooray.
Well, we are all alive and well. I've actually been feeling nauseous all week... no hooray there. Joe's been in training all week at work, I've been slowly getting things done, and Boston has gotten a new personality this week and also has decided he doesn't like taking naps anymore (hopefully this won't last).
Now that I'm not subbing anymore, I decided to try and potty train this child. He isn't to the point where he will tell me he needs to go yet, but I figured I'd get him used to the idea. My favorite is when he goes a drop, yes ONE DROP, points to the medicine cabinet, and says "MM." I am a parent who has no problem bribing my child with candy, by the way :)
Joe gave me a job performance review yesterday and told me I needed to take more pictures. I told him I would belt clip my camera to my waist not only because I will always have my camera handy, but it looks super cool. I did buy some new video recording tapes (we've been out for a while) to start recording Boston who, like I said earlier, has sprouted a new personality -- this is mostly a good thing! He wouldn't take a nap yesterday and I went in there to get him and said, "Why aren't you sleeping?" He waved at me and with a big ole' smile said, "HI!" What a nut, I couldn't be mad at him for not sleeping after that. So hopefully, I will be able to record more of these goofy, fun moments -- it will make my 'boss' happier too!!
Okay, I know this post is all over the place so I'm hoping it makes sense. I'll dig up some energy and pictures to post next time.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
almost
Posted by
ashley marie
at
8:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I unequivocally approve of using candy to potty train your child.
We use twizzlers cut into 4ths.
Works like a charm.
Ian no longer says, "I go poop," but rather, "I-go-poop-get-a-twizzler."
We use M & M's. Bradley also does the one drop in the little potty, but I think he just likes to get to flush the toilet the most.
Potty training sounds like quite a task, I will look forward to that. You look great Ashley! And I hear you on celebrating the double digits, this pregnancy thing is rough towards the end!
don't you have to use candy when potty training?? :) i'm excited you blog!
Hey Ashley!! Of course I remember you!! I am so glad you have a blog, we can peek at each others' families now! Your Boston is so dang cute and congrats on the baby girl!! I am having major anxiety too..2 KIDS!?! What?!...We can do it.. You need to post new pics of your house! It seems like the projects are endless, huh?..where is your house? Close to your parents?..
Megan
oh man, i love your comments. "it reminds me of.... a tree and the water!" okay so i've given up on potty training owen. not completely, but i liked the technique of kate gosselin (on jon and kate plus 8) where, if they tyke doesn't show interest, don't push it... in this case for boys: 3 1/2. in the mean time, complain a bunch every time you have a change a poopy diaper. that is exactly what i do. I tell Owen how much i don't like to change his poop and how he needs to poop in the toilet. He agrees that it is yucky and promises to go in the toilet, but when that tell-tale face appears, and i suggest the idea of a toilet... NO WAY! i wish you better luck than i.
HOLA! Veva is now married to my cousin---so she is fam. I think she is so rad and I love hanging out with her. How do you know Veva?And yes, I have had some weird type things going on with my blog so I thought it was time to make it private. R u ever coming to Utah?
Post a Comment