Monday, June 23, 2008

(a much needed) picture attack

(the pics below are not in chrono order, but I figured no one really cares so I didn't take the time to fix it)

Alright, like the title says, this is a much needed attack of pictures. I have been
very bad at keeping up to date with everything going on in our lives. For example, I STILL haven't posted updated pictures of our house. Nor will there be any postings of it for at least another 2 weeks since all these pictures have me pictured out for a while!! haha

Joe left to go to Indiana -- yet again -- for a new client. Although he's only on the assignment for 2 weeks, there have been people working on it since March. Normally not too big of a deal, except the hours on this client are 7am to around 9pm!!! I would not be able to work from 7-9 everyday since MARCH!! Holy crazy hours. So anyway, he left on Tuesday and he didn't come home over the weekend b/c he had to work Saturday. I was going to bring Boston and go visit him over the weekend, but he is taking the first of his 4 CPA exams July 8th and so he used his "free time" to study -- apparently Boston and I are a distraction and so we didn't go. We sure do miss having him home! Boston will walk around the house calling out "daddy" and then blabbering something like "basketball... shoot... shoot." Over the phone last night, Boston sang some songs to his dad -- Twinkle Twinkle, ABC's, and Itsy Bitsy Spider. Unfortunately, Boston has inherited his dad's knack for learning lyrics. He can sing the tune and that's about all he's good for. Although, it is still pretty dang cute.

Last Friday, Bos and I got together with 3 other couples in our ward. We're roughly all the same age and so are our kids -- we're glad they like us b/c they are all so fun!! We met up at the Cochran's and Boston was my date, although by the time we left he had traded me for someone his own size :) We were missing Joe and Lillias (who was with her grandparents), but we all still had a good time and hopefully we'll be doing it again soon some time!

PARTY

Boston and me -- he was freaking out b/c he thought I was dropping him off.


(L to R) Vanessa, Deborah, Amy, and me.


Me and Bos (I was voted best dressed for the evening), and then 2 of the couples and their kids.


Piper and Boston getting ready to eat some grub. What an intimate dinner they had! :)


The kid's group shot (L to R): Oliver, Boston, Piper, and Leah.


Boston and his NEW date. Her grandma painted her face earlier that day, just for fun.


Piper would yell "Boston, you want to chase me?" So he would and they'd both be laughing -- he'd catch her, tickle her, give her a hug, and then let go so he could chase her all over again. He kept calling her "Pipe-y," but eventually got it right!


She gave him a kiss and he looked a little hesitant... but afterwards he said, "I love you!"


Then when she was leaving he kissed her back. I would say that this is just the beginning, but he apparently has a girlfriend at the gym. He likes to chase, tackle, and the roll around on the floor with her. He's becoming a little player... we'll need to have a talk with him!!!


BABY POOL

Boston and MY cousin Dylan (he's a little over a year). We filled up the pool I bought at a yard sale (I was sick of getting light-headed from blowing up our other baby pool) and Bos had a little play date with Dylan.


Playing 'pass.' Although neither can pass or catch all that well. Plus, Boston would throw it, retrieve it, and then throw it again. Not really a true game of 'pass.'


Showing Dylan how to sit on the ball. He also showed him how to jump and land on the ball. With all the showing, Dylan never got a turn holding holding the ball!


Uh oh, Boston's diaper is starting to soak up the pool...


Again, playing 'pass.' The diaper might not make it much longer!


Almost full...


...but he doesn't care!


Oh geez!! Any minute now...


...and we're off! He then proceeded to hug Dylan -- these might be used to blackmail one of them some day!!!


NEW SHADES

Boston has gotten into Diego, as well as Dora. Because I refused to let him get the pink Dora glasses, he now owns a brand new pair of Diego shades -- courtesy of Walmart and his momma. He insisted he put them on himself.


There we go -- fixed it!


"I'm so cool I gotta wear shades!" (he really said that to me!) BTW, just so you don't think he has a big brownish booger coming out of his nose, Joe somehow dropped Boston when he was in the big kids pool. He landed face first on the concrete and scratched up his nose and upper lip. Oops!


FIRE PIT

Boston watching Grandpa fill the pit with wood. For some reason, Bos was really into the plastic lining of a plant that had been crushed and that's what he's holding.


It worked as an awesome head scratcher...


...a tambourine wannabe...


...and best of all, a pretty schnazzy hat.


It looks like he has a little mustache going on, but it's just that scratch!


They had to make another trip to get more wood and Boston agreed to help...


...and do the heavy lifting.


He's too small to pile it in the fire pit right, so he reluctantly relinquished that duty back to Grandpa. Time for s'mores!!!


SWIMMING IN THE BIG POOL

This was the first day the pool opened -- Memorial Day. He did NOT want to get in.


Several days later, he was ready for the pool party to begin.


Getting ready to show me his trick.


And there's the trick! Balancing while dad holds him. Pretty acrobatic... future Olympic material???


Bos putting his hands up in the air and laughing while dad squatted down. I thought this was cute of Joe, so in the blog it goes!


Oooh, and one more time! Brillant! I give it a 10.0.


YARD WORK

Gramps taking a break. It was REALLY hot out and the crazy humidity didn't help.


Joe holding the roots of the ugliest bush that just had to go. It took about 45 minutes to get that sucker out (that's why my dad was taking that break!) Good work!


Water boy.


"Thanks for working on our landscaping. This is for you."


Tyler hard at work on the side of the house (Dustin and my mom helped too, but somehow they didn't get in any pictures).


Filling the hole with water before we put the new plants in.


He got sick of holding the hose so he dropped it and walked away. Once I picked it back up, he naturally needed to help again, so back he came.


CRUISE PIC AND DUNK TANK

This is an old pic (March) but oh well. It's me and my mom when we went on the cruise during Spring Break. I had on my awesome Mexican dress -- how festive!


Our neighbors had a party for their little girl and they rented a dunk tank! I couldn't let Joe pass up on the opportunity to be dunked (basically, I made him get in there). Boston was TOTALLY enamored by this contraption. Now you see him...


...now you don't! I'm actually the one who dunked him! haha


Boston's turn -- he hit it on the first shot!


Snow cones in the backyard.



Just enjoying life :)


TODAY

Alright, our neighbors came over today and as I was saying goodbye Boston ran upstairs. He LOVES LOVES LOVES to go into our bathroom, get out my chapstick, and lick the death out of it. I made it upstairs and this is what I saw (Bos picked out his outfit today BTW)...


"What are you doing?" I said. He held up the chapstick. His breath was a little strawberry smelling....... I also smell 'powder fresh'. "Boston, what did you do with my deodorant?"


He kept saying, "Daddy, daddy, daddy." Then he showed me what he did with the deodorant. I guess he watches Joe put on deodorant?!? Apparently, mom doesn't wear deodorant because he wasn't copying me!! His face is like, "Duh, mom. THIS is what I did with your deodorant."


Hope you enjoyed this picture happy post!! Boston is such a little nut, but we still love him!

12 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the pictures. I loved 'em, and I looooove that little Boston.

Marie said...

Ashley,

You don't know me but your husband and I spent a lot of time together in Chile on the mission. He recently commented on my wife's blog that he stumbled across because we share some common friends in the Cochrans. Tell him I said hi.

Kurt Bradburn

Amy Jane said...

what a small world, your husband and kurt know each other! they are a really cool family! well, joe should be proud... lots of pictures!!

Troy and Brittany said...

Wow, that was a TON of pictures! I'm impressed, I usually give up after five! I love your hair right now and I love Boston. He really is a nut and I bet it's so much fun!

Chelsey said...

Your family is so cute!! I wish we lived close to each other!

jes said...

ashley!

i'm so glad you found my blog... i'm now totally updated on your life! :) boston is SO cute, and i love the name! congrats on #2... you definitely need a girl.

my mom made the bedding actually... she's been a little overly excited about having a granddaughter so close (cuz we live in az now). she's gone overboard on everything! wait til you see the blessing dress! she sews like crazy, and has been trying to teach me. it's not as hard as it looks to sew bedding... you should try it!

jes

Sarah H said...

Very cute pictures!! Boston is so adorable...he's growing so fast.
The falling diaper pictures were awesome.
I love pictures of dads and kids in pools. I have a lot of those of my boys.
Take care! you need to post a belly shot--you don't even look pregnant!

Unknown said...

great pictures. you guys look great! and everything about your life right now makes me jealous.

The Cochran Family said...

Hey, this is big sis of Little Butt...you wanna know something funny...I used to call her that when we were younger! You look awesome cute prego girl, your fam is so cute. I love your blog, your so funny on it..congrats on the house and the new girl on the way, I bet your mama is stoked! I will see you some sunday soon, I am here visiting and will come to that ward...sometime....:)

Miller Family said...

Those are some great pictures. Boston is such a cute kid, with such a fun personality (or maybe it is your captions). You look great Ashley. And keep the pictures coming!!

Nicole said...

Wow!!! What a fun post! I loved all of the pics. And you look SO good. seriously! What a cute prego person you are turning into. :) Any more ideas on the names??? If you read my blog, you will see that I was OBSESSED with names while i was prego. And then we didn't even pick one we had talked about or that had been suggested. Oh well...
LOVE the pics of Boston. HE is so dang cute. My fav. are the diaper/pool ones and the glasses. He is hilarious. What a personality! Hope you guys are doing great...sounds like a busy busy summer!
Love ya

Unknown said...

ash... my sister showed me this satirical blog. it's hilarious. check it out: http://seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com/