Wednesday, March 19, 2008

recent pictures/update

Alright, well these are no longer recent pictures because I uploaded them over 2 weeks ago but never got around to commenting on them. If you have been wondering where I have been, I've been traveling the world. Well, not really. I did go on a cruise last week so that kinda counts though! Unfortunately, Joe wasn't able to make it, but I went with my family (minus my sister too... BYU doesn't have a spring break which is awful) and also my mom's side of the family. I wouldn't call it a family reunion at all though because we all live on the same street. More like, let's hang out somewhere else for a week. So we went to Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Mexico and it was fun -- but I will post about that some other time. Meanwhile, I need to get to these somewhat recent photos. Again, I was too lazy to flip these around so kindly twist your head to the side :)

Grandma cutting Boston's hair. You would think that since this is his 14+ haircut (the drawback of being born with so much) he would get used to the process. No. Life is just not that easy. The background: Boston has majorly pooped his pants. I don't want to change his diaper because all his cut hairs will get in a clean diaper and I'll need to change it again (I don't want his rear end itching all night). Plus, I'm giving him a bath after the hair cut. My bright idea is to keep his nasty one on. Tyler (my brother holding Boston) has already gotten his hair cut and therefore has hair all over him already. So I told him to hold Boston because I didn't want to get hair all over me. Being the big sister, I didn't give him an option :) Cutting Boston's hair takes around 20 minutes just because he screams the whole time and wiggles and what not... after about 5 minutes, the smell is killing everyone -- please note the faces.

Now Boston can handle the smell simply because it's his own, whereas my mom and Tyler are just about ready to pass out. Seriously, the smell is KILLING everyone. Around this time I have almost wet my pants because it smells so bad, Boston is screaming bloody murder, and Tyler is yelling that he's going to throw up. Once his hair was cut, I picked Boston up -- very carefully -- and discovered that his diaper had leaked all over the stool Tyler was sitting on as well as all over Tyler's underwear (that's all these crazy brothers of mine wear when they get their hair cut). Needless to say, Tyler was flipping out and was getting mad at me for calling him poop crotch. So unladylike, I know :) When I was on the cruise I was flipping through my pictures and saw these and started laughing all over again. Everyone's face here is priceless. Memories...

Boston woke up with some nasty form of a rat tail. These were taken pre-hair cut. Actually, we had been talking about cutting his hair for about a week and seeing this rat tail solidified the fact that we needed to take some action. How this child slept on the back of his hair to get this perfect rat tail will be forever beyond me. Below are the rest of the pictures that Joe took to try and capture this horrific sight. Don't let this hairstyle fool you, our new house is not a double wide.


Um, no evidence here, he just wanted dad to pick him up.

Please!!! Joe gave in... as always. I made him put him back down to get a better shot. I'm so mean.

Unfortunately, I did not zoom this before I posted. Sticking out directly in the middle and the middle only.

Boston likes to lay on your stomach and throw balls. There is no ball in this picture though which makes me sound like a liar. It was somewhere though. By the way, he's with my bro Matt.

Boston on Dustin's stomach.

Wow, what a fun game!

Boston and I were playing with stickers before Dustin came in with a basketball. I didn't put those on his face just so you know. I don't like to torture my child.

Okay, with that arm grip it looks like I do like to torture my child. In my defense I needed a closer shot of his face art before he ripped it all off.

Joe's birthday -- February 17th. What an old man!! 25 years old :) I am looking so awesome because I thought I would dress up for the celebration.

Boston, Joe and Matt smiling in front of the cake you can't see. Joe, since you are reading this, I thought I'd tell you that you look happier in this picture than you do in your senior picture!!!

Oh, there's the awesome cake. Really it was lame looking from design stand point, but man it sure tasted fabulous!

Little man eating spaghetti. So far not too messy!

Still not too bad. I hate letting kids feed themselves because it is such a hassle to clean up after them. How bad would it be though if on his mission his companion has to spoon feed him? "Uh, sorry, my mom never let me feed myself when I was growing up. You think you could feed me some of that?" Awful. So here's to learning how to use silverware.

Some indoor playground place here in Ohio that I take Boston to once in a blue moon. Pretty fun place for kids. Once I took Joe with us so he could see it. There were kids playing inside when we got there so we got Bos out of the car and took him to the front door only to discover that it was closed for a private party. I felt HORRIBLE because Boston was absolutely screaming that he didn't get to go inside. Really, that is probably the worst, most horrible trick you can play on a child under 2.

Bowling as a fam. Tyler still likes Boston :)

Joe with devil eyes. I really like this picture, although he was joking around for the camera.

Oh dad... by the way I beat everyone in bowling!

Joe trying to help Boston. I think Boston did better bowling than Joe :)

Oh, out of order. Boston at the indoor playground. I used to think trampolines with nets were crazy and stupid looking. Now I think they are great cause I can zip him in there and let him go. Like a bouncy cage... just joking!

Let me out!! Actually, he was trying to get my attention so he could show me his awesome trick.

Running! Wow, what a trick!!

Oh, and then he fell. That's the end of the trick. Fun!

Waiting for the big kids to get off of the basketball court so he could play. Quite a sad snap shot. I swear he had fun at the playground!

Okay so that's the update, sort of. Quite note. On my last post I had a link to my friend's blog where I left a comment about something embarrassing I once did and never told Joe. Well Mr. Nosey Neddy clicked on the link and it had the comments posted at the bottom and... well... my secret was out. I got in trouble. But I told him he was in trouble for being such a snoop. Stay out of this circle of bloggers Joe! We tell all our secrets that we don't want out husbands knowing. Anyway, that warning will make him search so heads up on posting embarrassing or "bad mom" moments. Joe will find them and judge you. Okay, he won't judge you, but he will find them and then tell me about them. And then I will judge you!! hahaha

Finally, I need to close the shop down because I feel gross. But house update: carpet's in, appliances are coming tomorrow, painting (minus final touch up spots) is done, and the laminate flooring is almost done. Joe had laid down the kitchen and most of the dining room with help from our new best friend Rick. When my mom and I got back from our cruise, we ripped up the floor and said it didn't look good. I'm surprised we are not dead because I would have killed me for doing that. We bought a new floor that is so much nicer looking than our old floor and we are much happier with it. We returned almost all of what we bought because it didn't look as advertised. This is quite a long story and if you are truly interested in it leave me a comment asking "Ashley, what is the whole story? I must know." Or something along those lines. If enough people care about this blip in my house story, I will go into further detail. If not, that's fine. Saves my fingers a couple paragraphs. After all we've done to fix up our house, I have decided that I have no idea how people flip houses in 8 weeks or less. It craziness.

Oh, actually this is the finally part. I had a doctor's appt on Thursday and I am almost 4 months and I find out on May 1st if it's a boy or girl. At the doctor, I never thought I'd be so happy to hear little lub dubs, but my baby's little heart was a beatin'! That's about it for right now. I'm really wanting to watch the rest of 'Dexter.' I love this show. Hope you all are well!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ashley i want to know the whole story. please tell me! haha i love your blog. i'm so excited for you to find out what it is!! i'm crossing my fingers its a girl. i know you are too. also... you and joe look great! you look skinnier. not saying you were huge or anything before, but now you just look more fit.