Thursday, March 18, 2010

and one for march!!

Seriously, am I alive? Not in the blogging world anymore :(  wah wah wah

So since I'm being lazy, I am not going to update on anything that is new. Quite frankly, I am too tired. So instead I am going to post some quotes that I came across from this blog. I am especially fond of this first one:

"The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support the ultimate career. " 












"People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one."
  ~Leo J. Burke

"It sometimes happens, even in the best of families, that a baby is born.  This is not necessarily cause for alarm.  The important thing is to keep your wits about you and borrow some money."
  ~Elinor Goulding Smith


"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today."  
~Stacia Tauscher


"I brought children into this dark world because it needed the light that only a child can bring." 
~Liz Armbruster

"Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it."
  ~Harold Hulbert

"Even when freshly washed and relieved of all obvious confections, children tend to be sticky."
  ~Fran Lebowitz

"Children are unpredictable.  You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next." 
~Franklin P. Jones

"There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep."
  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


"It is not easy to be crafty and winsome at the same time, and few accomplish it after the age of six."
~John W. Gardner and Francesca Gardner Reese


"A child seldom needs a good talking to as a good listening to." 
~Robert Brault

"If we would listen to our kids, we'd discover that they are largely self-explanatory." 
~Robert Brault


"There are only two things a child will share willingly - communicable diseases and his mother's age." 
~Benjamin Spock
 
 
"Anyone who thinks the art of conversation is dead ought to tell a child to go to bed."
  ~Robert Gallagher
 

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing."  
~Phyllis Diller
Man, Phyllis... can I get an 'AMEN!' to that? You know, when the Midwest was being pounded with inch after inch of snow a couple weeks ago, I actually DID shovel the walk before it stopped snowing. It was very depressing to watch the work I had done, get undone, just feet behind me. Ah, but such is life...
 
Actually, posting all of these quotes reminded me that I ripped out some quote from some random place (awesome memory, I know) and put it in my bathroom so I could read it every day. I put it there to remind myself to constantly be aware of who I am and who I am teaching my children to become. 

"Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you."
~Robert Fulghum

9 comments:

Megan said...

love all these quotes!!!

Sarah H said...

I love all those quotes!
You monthly blog posts are much easier to keep up with than those who blog every day...so don't worry!

Unknown said...

BOOO to only posting once a month this year! But YAY to all those quotes! Some of them were really funny! Like the art of conversation not being dead when you tell a child to go to bed.... man, EVERY DARN DAY AND NIGHT (he still takes naps)!!! You'd think he'd just give up.

Troy and Brittany said...

Love the quotes, but also don't like the once-a-month posts. And I still have unanswered questions. So, do a REAL post now. :)

Unknown said...

ASH! ok, so I was blog-stalking Rachel and she put up some pictures of your kids and her kids when you went out to Idaho. AND REESE! SHE IS SO BIG! and holy crap she is SO pretty! Like truly gorgeous. It's ridiculous! Can you put up some recent pictures of her on facebook or this here blog (whichever is easiest) when you get a chance? It's officially April now.. haha;)

Ainges said...

I loved all those quotes! And of course today I needed to read them more than ever! Sometimes I forget that I have not one REAL reason to complain! Hey how far are you guys from Chicago?

Unknown said...

congrats on being pregnant ashley! ;) I hope this next one is a boy!! hehehe (evil snicker)

Jamie said...

A long time ago you posted a really funny post about free stuff on KSL or Craigslist or something like that. When I saw this ad today I thought of you. It's terrible! Hopefully it's not down by the time you get this.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=12161236&cat=272&lpid=&search=

Jamie said...

Ugh, I knew that FREE post on KSL would be gone by the time you saw it. It was for...ugh, I'm embarrassed to say. Okay. Geez. It was for free semen. He had several mason jars and bottles of it collected and in his fridge. There were pictures of the jars. And he was totally serious, even saying they went really quickly the last time he posted them up.
AH!!!!!!!