Monday, February 1, 2010

one post for january, one post for february...

hahaha, let's hope I don't stick to a once-a-month-post plan for the rest of the year! I would allow you all to call me lame. You can't call me that unless I only post once a month, though. No need to be rude.

Joe and I got tivo for Christmas three years ago and yesterday was the official LAST DAY of our service (technically, the last day of our 3 yr service plan). We had talked several times about canceling our cable when the tivo service was going to expire; I was actually the one who first mentioned the idea to Joe. Yesterday rolls around and I actually think my palms started to sweat! Only because I was all paranoid all the shows I had recorded and saved to watch later (apparently, months later) would disappear on February 1st. Throw that fear in with Joe leaving to go out of town yesterday after church (what the heck was I going to do when the kids go to sleep??!?) and I totally caved and renewed the subscription -- Joe wasn't there to stop me! hahaha!! Okay so I have till the end of this month to decide what I am going to do with this 'dilemma.' Some people have had great success with canceling their cable, while others have told me that if I want to save money I can cut corners elsewhere. What to do.... would I need to buy a satellite since the channels are all digital now? If that's like 80 bucks I'd rather just keep my awesome tivo and pause and rewind at will. Well I'm not going to type all my thoughts out about this. Although, not having tivo reminds me of when I was nursing Boston at 3am. All I can tell you about that experience was that had I had the phone AND my wallet next to me while the babe was attached to me, I would have bought several different, yet all incredible, products: MagicBullet, Shark steam cleaner, a straightener/curler/brush all-in-one, and too many other things to name from the Q. It's embarrassing how weak I am...

Alright, well here are some pictures from October (I'm not that far behind -- NOT!!)

These were our neighbors back when we lived in Connecticut. They STILL live there, although they recently put their house up for sale. Joe and I stopped in Connecticut one day because he wanted to see where I spent 8 years of my life :) They were kind enough to let us stay the night. It was weird seeing their kids all grown up (I babysat them all throughout middle school).


Our old house -- I hadn't seen it in almost 10 years.


asdf


as
I was seriously boooorrrreeeed driving from New Hampshire to Boston so I took a bunch of pictures out the window. The scenery was gorgeous and I couldn't resist. Joe was teasing me about taking so many and now that I'm looking through them all, I totally think his teasing was legit. Really, get a hold of yourself, Ashley. So I'll spare you all the pictures and I'll just post three :)



 

FINALLY!! We made it to Boston! We made a stop over there because Joe's brother, Luke, is going to school at Berklee College of Music. Here is his 'Full House' style house. I wanted to live in it simply because it looks so cool from the outside. The street it is on reminded me of San Fransisco and how incredibly hilly it was. I think all the roads leading up to his house were a 10 incline, if you speak treadmill talk. Remembering that made me reconsider living in this cool green house.


Luke's room. The size of this apartment made me completely revise my previous statement of wanting to live there. so. ridiculously. small. Not too great of a picture of Joe, but Luke was looking good so it's getting posted! I offered buying Luke some hangers, but he would have none of that. When it comes to his room, he is one of those people that lives by phrase, "organized chaos." So I dropped the offering of the hangers and tried to convince him to put his mattress on top of his suitcases to free up some floor space. I have decided that neither Joe nor Luke like being told what to do.


  Luke, look there! Ben Franklin -- in the flesh!!


Joe really, really excited to be a Quincy Market! hahaha, not really. I told him to do that.

 

Aww, brothers :)   hmmm... Joe is not looking his best here either... I need to find a good picture of him from this trip...

 

Yes! I FOUND ONE!!!

Sweetest wigs at the sweetest store ever. Or would these be considered hats?? I should have asked...


OH MY GOSH -- THIS IS WHY I NEVER BLOG!! I gave Reese some marshmallows and she proceeded to put them all in her mouth and spit them all out on the carpet, bookcases and walls. What a sticky mess! While I was cleaning that disaster up, Boston came out of the bathroom and had sprayed the concentrated room fragrance in his hair -- since apparently it is "hair spray." Ugh... Reese scrambled down the stairs after her smearing of the marshmallows and grabbed the popcorn bag from the trashcan in the kitchen and left a trail of popcorn kernels -- Hansel and Gretel style -- from the table, up the stairs and to the loft upstairs.

So I guess I'll finish the rest of October later tonight... we'll see. I'm going to go to the gym and give myself a break from childcare. I might go work out while I'm there, too :)

6 comments:

April said...

Ashley - You make me smile! I love reading your blog and hearing about your cute kids - and the fact that they are just that, kids. :) Once a month is good. :)

Unknown said...

oh dear... i'm sorry ash. but the good news is i'm in st louis! more to come on that later.... p.s. love the pictures of the scenery! you should make large prints of several and make a series arrangement for some place in your house... i think that would be lovely!

acutely cherished said...

I've told you think before, but I love to read your long blog posts because you are so funny! Your personality comes out through your writing.
p.s. I'm not kidding when I say long, whenever I see such posts on other blogs I skip the read.... not yours however :)

Megan said...

Ashley! I love reading your posts! You're sooooo funny! And your kids are like the cutest ever- so your blog's an A+ for me :) Now if we can just get you to post MORE...

Ainges said...

Once again, I love reading your posts! You crack me up every time. So I read that you guys could be heading to grad school??? If Joe applied to anywhere near Chicago go there! We are moving there in two months because Tanner is starting Northwestern Law. That would be so awesome if somehow we ended up by each other! I am awaiting the day I get to see your cute kids in person...they are adorable and have the cutest names ever!

Hannah Stevenson said...

Hey Ashley,

Fun to read this post. I lived in CT for a little while and LOVED it there...so fun to see pictures of the Eastern scenery.

Anyway, I'm just letting you know that you can get the Pod for $5 (SHHHH);) Just go and get the $10 and I'll refund you $5.

Cool?

Thanks for your interest...I think you'll enjoy the pattern.

Have a great day!