So what is up with the new trend of adding extra letters to the end of words? Hmmm, can't quite figure it out. It makes sense if you are using it for emphasis, like "OMG he is so hott!" Not so much for just 'every day' use, like "It was so fun to see youu," "Reese and Boston are my little babiess." Anyway, apparently being out of high school for 6 years has really inhibited me keeping up on the trends and has put me on the outside of the cool circle. Although I'm pretty sure my foot is still on the line of that circle -- yep, it is.
Since it's been so long since I have posted anything, I forgot that if I want my pictures to be in chronological order I need to load them from latest to oldest. So these are kind of a jumble.
Alright, so here are some of the things that we've been up to. After living in the house for a little over a year, I thought that maybe I should fix the caulking. It probably needs to be done all over the house, but please, I have kids and that's just insane. So I tackled our bathroom -- which consisted of the shower and tub (although around the sink area would look better if it was done too). I had majorly scrubbed the shower (there was like perma-mold on the caulking), tub, and all the surrounding things that needed to be done 2 days earlier. I got all the stuff out to get started and realized I needed to pull/scrape off all of the old caulking. If you are just doing the caulking it'll take you maybe ten minutes? I'm basically trying to say that the caulking itself doesn't take long to do. Getting all the old caulking off -- forever. I think the builders mixed some super glue in with their caulking. Oh, and there was mold behind the caulking since the old stuff wasn't doing its job anymore. Had to clean again :( I thought I'd get the caulking done and then be able to relax all before the kids woke up from their nap (a little under 2 hours). I swear I spent an hour and a half just pulling all that old junk off. Ugh. So here are the before pictures:
Hmmm.... just realized I didn't take any after pictures. Probably because the kids woke up right as I was finishing. Oh well, I'll take one and post it up. In the meantime, look at how bad the old caulking had gotten: (now picture it better! There, that's what the after looks like)
Who even knows.
Just riding the bike, waiting for dad to get home.

"Boston, what a lovely, giant trout tattoo you have." 
He likes to off road. Please notice that the wiffle ball is also on the back of this car.
Joe gives me a hard time when I cut Boston's hair because it takes a while and he screams the entire time. The absolute. entire. time. It's pretty bad, hence the reason I put it off as long as I can. So Joe decided he'd show me how to do it well and still have it look good. A summary of the experience:
1.) It was a quick haircut, it did not look good.
2.) Joe cut at least 2 inches off.
3.) Those 2 inches of hair were cut in the bathtub, with about 6 inches of water in it.
4.) The tub didn't drain.
5.) Joe told me the tub was clogged and so he was going to have to wait till it evaporated before he could clean the rest of the hair out. Thought he was joking.
6.) Joe said that cutting Boston's hair was a lot harder than he thought it would be.
6.) It was Mother's Day and so I told myself, I'm not cleaning that today. Hopefully Joe will.
7.) Night falls and I come to the realization that Joe was NOT joking -- he's gonna let the water evaporate.
8.) Next day, ended up fishing the hair out with a mesh basketball net and pouring TONS of drain-o gunk down the drain.
Okay seriously? Six inches of water, in a tub upstairs in a bathroom with no window, would probably take FOREVER to evaporate. I'm not even gonna try and guess as to how long that would be. So since it wasn't Mother's Day anymore I decided to tackle that problem. We haven't given the kids a bath in there since. I'm kinda scared of filling up a tub, not knowing whether or not it'll drain in less than a day.
So lessons learned, *Joe now knows that if Boston tells him not to use the scissors to use them anyway. The chances of cutting accidental chunks of hair are much higher when you use clippers and a comb to cut the top, and also *I will be cutting Boston's hair from now on.
Boston is too cool for school in his glasses.
He said they were his "cookie glasses" because he "needed" to wear them while he ate his cookie.
Reese gets real hot when she's sleeping and it makes her sweat, causing her hair to really curl. She woke up looking like this. True story.
I've decided that I think Reese is crazy.
Bos man and Kolbe (Bos insisted that the dog be in his Easter outfit pic)
Oh dear, I love this little boy :)
The only picture I have of Reese wearing her Easter dress was this beauty. This is a full on milk goatee she's sporting here.
Dylan (my cousin) and Boston after the Easter egg hunt at Deseret (where my parents/extended family live). Isn't this cute? Actually, all of them are pretty dang cute!





Excited about the giant egg he found.
No, SERIOUSLY excited!!
What a precious treasure! haha!! Do you love his outfit?! Pajamas, jacket, and boots (the ground was muddy). 
Some form of lizard tongue here, not quite sure. Reese was excited to find an egg too, but Boston did not want her to have one -- one less for him I guess was what he was thinking. He was crying for her to give him the empty purple sparkle egg. 
Can you tell he wanted me to take a picture? haha, he hates it and I make him do it anyway :)
Oh, hey sweet Easter basket, er, bag...

My youngest brother, Matt, with the sweetest case of bed head ever. 
Gramps and Reese.
"Bos! Say cheese!!"

Seriously, who let's their kids wear that outfit in public? Probably a mom who was raised by a mom who let her kids wear shorts with those ridiculous slippers outside. Congrats to you if you understood that sentence.
Boston was showing me the ball that the Easter bunny had left for him. The bunny's tail had gotten stuck in the door and left a trail of (cotton ball)tail to his gift. He thought it was so fun to follow it around the house and around the table :) 
Reesie poo poo at the Kinsale egg hunt (so mega lame, I'm not even gonna talk about how bad it was). 
The best picture I could get of both of them together. One was looking and the other wasn't, and back and forth it went. You can tell here that Boston was very much in need of a haircut.
The "mom, seriously I am sick of taking pictures and saying cheese" face. Nice dorito face.
Better.
She's a little doll -- I love her. Joe's mom sent Reese this cute outfit she was wearing, so cute! Thanks Paula!
Wow, the best picture we could get here too. There's nothing good about this picture, but I'm posting it anyway. Proof that I do exist, but I don't exist looking gross, fat, and fuzzy (at least I hope not anyway!!). 
Bos after the mad dash/shoving match Easter egg hunt at Kinsale. Can't believe I paid for that...
We went to go see the Easter bunny at the grocery store. This is when we were leaving. He ran up to the Easter bunny and held his hand, probably because this random girl was. 
So at the grocery store they got to meet the Easter bunny (below) and then they had coloring crafts, dancing, decorate your own sugar cookie, and games. Pretty nice for a grocery store, huh? Oh, and it was free! Can't beat that!


THERE! I posted Easter and others. Still not entire caught up, but for the most part my life is a giant game of catch up, so why should my blog be any different?
Needless to say, we are all doing well and are quite happy. Our yard is finally starting to look better, small house projects are getting accomplished, Joe finished taking his CPA exam (let's hope he passed the last section. He just took the last test on Saturday), and for the time being we are all healthy! Life is all-around pretty good :)
Sunday, May 24, 2009
umm helloo
Posted by
ashley marie
at
9:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Glad to hear you are alive and welllll. hehe:)
I cracked up about Boston's haircut. Sounds like our house. And your kiddos are just too cute. Seriously, I am so in love with Reese.
Love all of your hilarious commentary under each picture. It makes it so I just can't skim...I might miss something good. haha
I love Reese's crocheted (sp??) hair band! Where did you get it? I've been looking for one like that.
ash! love the pics! especially boston's distressed look in the tub... too funny! so my mom leaves tomorrow and i'm trying to logistically figure out how i'm going to stay cognitive for Owen during the day.... how did u do it and when did reese start sleeping more than a couple hours straight? also my bro just had a baby girl and i want to give him one of your fine creations.... the headband things u make. can i buy one from u? do u have paypal? sorry for the 'u's, i'm typing with one hand...
i just spent a good 34 minutes looking at your blog. good job face. i miss you.
nikki
Wow, your kids are growing so fast! They are darling. I hate cutting my kids hair, but I still do it to save money.
i updated my blog finally! lol i will be doing it more often trust me! and i love the pictures!
Hey Ashley, it's Megan Hymas (Nate's wife). You prob don't remember me, but I remember meeting you before Nate left on his mission at Gary and Donna's old house in Midway. Anyway, I found your blog through Scot and Jeralie's mission blog. Your kids are adorable! And I love their names too, very cute. :)
Oh and I told Nate I found your blog and he says hi.
Post a Comment